Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vrooo - 10/20/2004  (Read 2956 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« on: October 20, 2004, 11:34:04 am »

because "like she needs a hot shovel" or "slick dirtle" are too obviously mugging for kitch-title status
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 12:06:04 pm »

Aw, man, what an awesome strip... more pretty cars.
I especially like the barely-discernable (on my monitor) background on the last panel.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 01:04:30 pm »

That Onstad, he sure do like to draw cars!

I liked the headrest detail in Ray's Escalade.  I also liked the background in the last panel.  

Also Beef is just Beef.  Touching how worried he is about Molly.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 01:47:58 pm »

I liked everything except that steering wheel. It's all floating out in the middle of nowhere.

As we say in Blawnox, "What's up wit 'at?"

Thank god for the last panel. Or I would have had no clue what's going on in the first panel.

Achtung Baby was a nice touch.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 02:26:09 pm »

I must have the brightness or contrast set up weird on my computer at home.  These dark strips always look completely different on my work computer than they do at home.
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Re: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 02:44:20 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
because "like she needs a hot shovel" or "slick dirtle" are too obviously mugging for kitch-title status


thank you. i was pained loading the page, waiting for "The Slick Dirtle - 10/20/04". if nobody had posted, i was gonna call Achtung Baby, but too late.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 07:03:06 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
I liked everything except that steering wheel.


Artwork Intentionally Left Bad™

Once in a while I like to make an impossible steering mechanism and see if people catch on, a la panel five in:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04242002
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 07:16:49 pm »

It made me laugh. The Colander was also a nice touch.

My favorite part about the motorcycle strip is that Ray is riding side-saddle.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 07:30:01 pm »

Yeah, I couldn't quite make out the first panel.  I thought it was a tunnel to the right, but I spent too much time trying to discern it.

I laughed extra hard at the "Achtung Baby" reference because I actually had an argument with a girl as we were separating our CD collection as to which copy of AB was whose.  I pretty much always handle my discs by the edges and so I knew that the one in better shape was mine.  We argued about it for a bit before I noticed that one copy (the one that was all scratched up) was from BMG, and I had never belonged to BMG, so it had to be hers.

Tou-fuck*ng-ché

But yes, this is a perfectly reasonable discussion between two best friends on the possibility of one of said friends moving in with a sweetheart.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 07:39:37 pm »

I once lost my mom's cassette copy of Achtung Baby. That is all.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 08:48:11 pm »

Those don't look like the seats inside of any car I have ever been in.  But I'm guessing this just reveals what a low-class existence I lead in comparison to a cartoon cat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 08:57:12 pm »

Totally dig this one. Good one to come home to.
I just love any strip with cars in now, as they are always so cool.

If I had money, Chris, I'd get you to do a painting featuring a car so I could swipe it from eBay.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 09:59:47 pm »

Doesn't Beef already live with Molly?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 10:36:18 pm »

Quote from: "evan"
Doesn't Beef already live with Molly?


You know what I meant...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Vrooo - 10/20/2004
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2004, 12:12:40 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
I liked everything except that steering wheel.


Artwork Intentionally Left Bad™

Once in a while I like to make an impossible steering mechanism and see if people catch on, a la panel five in:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04242002


the only reasonable response to seeing that for the first time is to do this
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]
Pages: [1]   Go Up