Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Cover Challenge  (Read 2330 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Album Cover Challenge
« on: October 21, 2004, 01:35:03 pm »

I was pretty lousy at this, but I figured some of y'all could do better.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 02:29:47 pm »

38 in all.

I was surprised at some of the ones that made it in there. I have only come across a few people who know of Radio Tarifa.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 03:46:47 pm »

If you're into tests, you may want to try this one on video game sound effects.  

I got 14 out of 18.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 04:11:47 pm »

For 32 I could name the artist, but for about 8 of them I didn't know the album.

And I'm pretty sure at least one of those was a UK-only cover.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 04:29:36 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
If you're into tests, you may want to try this one on video game sound effects.  

I got 14 out of 18.


14 for 18 also.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 04:36:30 pm »

24 I could name the artist, and all but about 4 of those the album too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 04:40:54 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

And I'm pretty sure at least one of those was a UK-only cover.


I certainly recognised that one, but couldn't even place artist on that one.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 04:47:14 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

And I'm pretty sure at least one of those was a UK-only cover.

I certainly recognised that one, but couldn't even place artist on that one.

Answer.

I only knew it because that's the cover they use on the online radio statio (last.fm) I listen to.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 04:50:16 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Answer.


Yea. Totally wouldn't have got that, having never really listened to them. Have seen it before though I think.

I got about 4 more just browsing through looking for the answer to that one. I guess I'm better at it than I expected...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 05:04:39 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
If you're into tests, you may want to try this one on video game sound effects.  

I got 14 out of 18.


I also got 14 out of 18.  I missed a couple that I had never even HEARD of but was surprised that I missed the Zelda one, since I played that ALL THE DAMN TIME.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Album Cover Challenge
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 09:17:48 pm »

I recognised 21.. forgot how many I could name both the album and artist to... maybe most of them since I tried not to cheat, but y'know... heh.

One of those albums I actually sold on half.com... ahah.  the one pictured at the front for the eighth and last album challenge.
[edit again:  I just realised the covers change at the front of the challenges.. hah.  I meant the Stereolab one for the record)

---

My Quicktime didn't much like that second game though :\
I'm pretty sure I'd suck at it though since I didn't play enough games... mostly just racing ones.

[edit:  just got a friend to take it and out of all 9, he got 120... I'm making him give me more of the answers later.. geez]
Logged
Texas only kept me awake
Pages: [1]   Go Up