Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)  (Read 2841 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« on: October 22, 2004, 11:02:40 am »

What are the odds that two people (cats) you know would have a letter/clarification printed in the same issue of Playboy?

And do cats read Human Playboy?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 12:59:04 pm »

Ray apparently reads a shit load of magazines. The bag should not be that big for a normal person.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 01:22:50 pm »

Quote from: "superock101"
And do cats read Human Playboy?


Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 01:38:46 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "superock101"
And do cats read Human Playboy?

Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.

Well Ray did ask for photos of the human females who wrote into Ray's Place . . .
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 03:30:37 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"

Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.

Well Ray did ask for photos of the human females who wrote into Ray's Place . . .


This makes me think of any episode of Family Guy where Brian is dating a human woman...
That is all.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 04:17:59 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"

Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.

Well Ray did ask for photos of the human females who wrote into Ray's Place . . .

This makes me think of any episode of Family Guy where Brian is dating a human woman...
That is all.

IIRC that was Brian Wallows Peter Swallows
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 04:53:33 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"

Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.

Well Ray did ask for photos of the human females who wrote into Ray's Place . . .

This makes me think of any episode of Family Guy where Brian is dating a human woman...
That is all.

IIRC that was Brian Wallows Peter Swallows


CortJstr, unrivaled in the art of cartoon recall.  I only hope those powers continue to be used for good instead of evil.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 05:13:55 pm »

That's why we refer to bringing up reference to comics and cartoons using the transitive verb, to CortJstr or just to CJ for short.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 05:33:21 pm »

I knew CJ's Achewood recall is without peer in all the realm, but I didn't know it extended to cancelled/re-animated (ha!) animation.  He's like the Ken Jennings of TOUAMB.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 06:25:38 pm »

Quote from: "superock101"
I knew CJ's Achewood recall is without peer in all the realm, but I didn't know it extended to cancelled/re-animated (ha!) animation.  He's like the Ken Jennings of TOUAMB.

The problem with being the best is that every young punk with a search engine and too much free time wants to challange me. I'm like that ping pong playing cowboy in Farside.

Also, I need to reread the 2004 strips before I get stumped on one. It's hard work being a verb.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 06:48:51 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

The problem with being the best is that every young punk with a search engine and too much free time wants to challange me. I'm like that ping pong playing cowboy in Farside.

Also, I need to reread the 2004 strips before I get stumped on one. It's hard work being a verb.


Ah, but you can't use a search engine to find the underlying themes or pictoral content.  A Google search on "stuttering todd squirrel achewood" yields exactly zero results, but I bet you'd be quick on the draw like a hoss named McGraw with a satisfying strip or five.

And again, CJ illustrates his point by making reference to a cartoon.  You, sir, have mastered your idiom.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 06:55:21 pm »

Quote from: "superock101"
Ah, but you can't use a search engine to find the underlying themes or pictoral content.  A Google search on "stuttering todd squirrel achewood" yields exactly zero results, but I bet you'd be quick on the draw like a hoss named McGraw with a satisfying strip or five.

And again, CJ illustrates his point by making reference to a cartoon.  You, sir, have mastered your idiom.

Argh! Linkage overload!
Logged

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 07:38:16 pm »

Excellent strip.

earrAP

earrrrr-AP-AP-AP

Ptoo-ah
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 11:37:45 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

IIRC that was Brian Wallows Peter Swallows


Indeed, though I was also thinking of the one where he falls for Lois, and I thought there was another one where he at least dated, or considered dating... But I'm insanely tired.
Oh, and it's Peter's Swallows... Just for sanity's sake!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Franz.

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 04:15:44 am »

Now, this is good. Ray is going to figure out what's going on, and I am interested to see him talk to Beef about it.

I am curious to see how Ray handles his best friend's girl troubles.

Oh, and, "nervous-puke." Haha.

Ich bin ein [ Franz. ]
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up