Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004  (Read 4749 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« on: October 27, 2004, 12:59:03 pm »

We can safely assume Lyle doesn't have a letter in there.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 01:18:49 pm »

I'd say Jough's suspension of disbelief issue has been overruled. Now I want to see if anybody else has a letters in there tomorrow and Friday.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Re: grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 01:38:20 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
We can safely assume Lyle doesn't have a letter in there.


If he did, it would say just this: "Feh!"
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 03:52:02 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'd say Jough's suspension of disbelief issue has been overruled. Now I want to see if anybody else has a letters in there tomorrow and Friday.

Shades of the Romance Novel week abound. To complete the running of this joke into the ground, 'stad need only have Todd and Blister digging through a trash can for the latest issue, to reveal a letter in ALL CAPS asking about oxygen sensors or partying with God.

I'd CJ it, but as usual, Achewood.com is spotty at best between the hours of 8am and 10am PDT.

edit: successfully CJ'd
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 04:21:15 pm »

I would comment on this comic but Achewood.com is down.  I'll just imagine it based on your responses.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 04:25:31 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I would comment on this comic but Achewood.com is down.  I'll just imagine it based on your responses.


Good, I'm not the only one getting a 504.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 04:27:36 pm »

The use of "I have a friend..." is definitely genius.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 04:41:58 pm »

Since when are stickers grape-flavored? Is this some sort of lick-n-stick thing?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 07:26:07 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I would comment on this comic but Achewood.com is down.  I'll just imagine it based on your responses.


That's OK, with new SimJough(TM) action, we can give a typical Jough response:


   Onstad     is really    losing it    . I can't believe he's gone    four     days in a row with such a    tired     joke. Worst.    Achewood    . Ever.

 :wink:
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 07:41:44 pm »

Now that I've seen it I was going to comment on it, but Mr. Isoceles has done a fine enough job.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 07:51:41 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Now that I've seen it I was going to comment on it, but Mr. Isoceles has done a fine enough job.


I've recently been of the belief that once the joke percolates down to Phillipe's level it's no longer funny. That said, that's a pretty good approximation for what it's like to be the kid in a family of adults, young adults and teens. By the time you're participating, you've made such a mockery of it that the joke is only kept alive because no one wants to shatter your fantasy.

That said, Phillipe will never get elected because of his extramarital affair with Ultra Peanut.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 08:09:26 pm »

Best bit: Philippe's eyebrows in the 4th panel.  

I looked like he was disgusted by Lyle's description of the magazine and had decided it was Bad like smoking or cursing and maybe the magazine would cause problems in the community.

But then he gives that look.  Is it sneaking curiosity?  Or something more?

Oh, Philippe!  You're more mischievous than we thought!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004, 09:00:51 pm »

Yeah, Bobby pretty much has it on the nose: by the time the joke involves Philippe (unless it's a Philippe-originating joke), it's really no longer funny. This is especially frustrating with this strip because the initial gag was both funny and thought-provoking, and now an interesting angle about Beef has devolved into tired Philippe-wants-to-be-president-but-doesn't-know-how gags.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004, 09:08:23 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah, Bobby pretty much has it on the nose: by the time the joke involves Philippe (unless it's a Philippe-originating joke), it's really no longer funny. This is especially frustrating with this strip because the initial gag was both funny and thought-provoking, and now an interesting angle about Beef has devolved into tired Philippe-wants-to-be-president-but-doesn't-know-how gags.



Q. Where's the joke?
A. Phillipe is standing on it.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 12:12:59 am »

I don't think I suck for enjoying this strip, but I'm glad I read it before I read Bobby's deconstruction.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up