Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004  (Read 4736 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 12:49:54 am »

Yeah, I was thinking it's gone too far now that philippe's involved!
who bets it'll go on for a couple more strips?

..as for Lyle, I'm sure he has racier mags to write into.. heh.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 12:54:07 am »

Lyle is at least a Nugget reader.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 01:48:45 am »

Lyle is a porn producer not a porn consumer.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 02:11:55 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Lyle is a porn producer not a porn consumer.

Research.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 05:05:47 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Lyle is a porn producer not a porn consumer.

Research.


Excellent point CJ, and I accept it as such.  However, why would Lyle be researching in Playboy.  It's not like he's going to recruit the Playmate of the Month to star in Red Cox Sweep or Lip Sink:Ashlee's Story.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 05:23:10 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
The use of "I have a friend..." is definitely genius.


Seconded. I liked this one. *Shrug*
How can you go wrong with "Dear Playboy Advisor!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2004, 06:27:32 am »

I like this one. When read in the printed collections in the same thirty seconds as the previous three "Advisor" strips, the timing will feel just about right.

Achewood strips aren't timed just for web reading. Owners of the printed collections will tell you that it's a different experience entirely to read them all in a sitting, going forward instead of backward, without having to wait a day in between each one.  

I own all the printed collections (except Vol II), anyhow, and that's how it looks from this dirty old throne, eating my nasty old scone, driving this car bought on loan.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2004, 06:54:04 am »

Hey, Chris.....did YOU end up with HIM?


AND DID YOU HAVE 7 KIDS?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2004, 12:59:24 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Lyle is a porn producer not a porn consumer.

Research.

Excellent point CJ, and I accept it as such.  However, why would Lyle be researching in Playboy.  It's not like he's going to recruit the Playmate of the Month to star in Red Cox Sweep or Lip Sink:Ashlee's Story.

That's why he's so disgusted with Playboy and the fact that every photo shoot looks exactly the same. Lyle generally prefers the kinds of magazines where the girl holds up her driver's license to prove that she just turned 18. That's the kind of place he can recruit from.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 01:04:30 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I like this one. When read in the printed collections in the same thirty seconds as the previous three "Advisor" strips, the timing will feel just about right.

Achewood strips aren't timed just for web reading. Owners of the printed collections will tell you that it's a different experience entirely to read them all in a sitting, going forward instead of backward, without having to wait a day in between each one.  

I own all the printed collections (except Vol II), anyhow, and that's how it looks from this dirty old throne, eating my nasty old scone, driving this car bought on loan.


That's actually a damn good point. And, I might add, something that may motivate me to purchase the printed collections. Are there any owners of the printed collections who can back this claim up?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2004, 01:18:25 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I own all the printed collections (except Vol II)


??? Why don't you own Vol II?  Did you have to mortgage it?  Forget and sell the last one?

I liked the series of Advisor strips.  That guy's pretty savvy.  His concern for Phillippe's innocence is touching (Just this page, okay buddy?).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2004, 02:28:10 pm »

I'll also speak up for having liked the strips. Now if he'd taken it to five it would have been a touch lame, but I thought working it up to Lyle and then suddenly pulling back and going to Philippe was clever.

Not to mention that even if I tried really hard I don't think I could tire of Philippe.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2004, 02:54:26 pm »

I just got mine, and the experience of flipping through the books is definitely different.  Also, the cookbook is fuck*ng hilarious.  And the Teodore apron is frikkin' awesome.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2004, 03:09:38 pm »

I think Onstad is right. Right now we're waiting all day for a strip so we're a little disappointed when it's a continuation of ths same joke. But an archive/book reader only waits 2 seconds and can enjoy it as a continuation of the current theme.

See also: the Calvin grows so big he falls off the planet series of strips.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
grape flavored stickers || 10.27.2004
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2004, 03:32:13 pm »

Yea. I was horrified that I would miss the alt-texts in the book, but you don't really miss them. Or maybe I just refuse to go through with post-its for three months.
I do look forward to the next volume though, as I really want to get to last Hallowe'en!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up