Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Poll

How sharp is Best Suit/Desire?

Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde witticisms that have been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye
- 0 (0%)
Sharp as a new X-Acto blade
- 1 (100%)
Sharp as fingernails. But long pointy fingernails, not the regular kind.
- 0 (0%)
Sharp as a cue ball.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 27, 2004, 07:02:26 pm


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Suit/Running from Desire - Starlight's mixes  (Read 1570 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Best Suit/Running from Desire - Starlight's mixes
« on: October 27, 2004, 07:02:26 pm »

On the whole I liked You Laugh Like an Old Man .. Put on Your Best Suit better. I liked the "movements" idea to make up for mix discs lack of a side-change.

I've been hearing so much about TV on the Radio and The Wrens (especially with the Shortlist coming up) but have never actually listened to either one, so that was nice.

Who's the girl on the cover?

Also, "sharp" doesn't sound like a word to me anymore.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Best Suit/Running from Desire - Starlight's mixes
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 07:42:20 pm »

I wouldn't know. :(

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: Best Suit/Running from Desire - Starlight's mixes
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 12:37:30 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I liked the "movements" idea to make up for mix discs lack of a side-change.

Who's the girl on the cover?


Thanks.. yeah, I got into the habit of marking sections on mixes a couple years back.  it makes things more interesting!

The girl is Chi from the Chobits series -- at that time, I had just finished the manga.. heh.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Best Suit/Running from Desire - Starlight's mixes
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 12:39:52 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I wouldn't know. :(


Aw.. I'm sorry, did you want a copy?
I just paid attention to who PM'ed me... heh.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Best Suit/Running from Desire - Starlight's mixes
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 05:05:34 am »

:(

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Best Suit/Running from Desire - Starlight's mixes
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 10:23:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
:(


Okay, I went through old PMs and found your address from the last trade... if you want, I can still hook ya up with a copy by next week if your address is the same...
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Best Suit/Running from Desire - Starlight's mixes
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 02:45:43 am »

My address is unfortunately the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up