Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04  (Read 5731 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« on: October 28, 2004, 10:40:09 am »

Wow.
Too many great lines in this one. Chewbacca, burnin' molars, toupees, Beef discussing his situation like it's a scientific advance that calls for the killing of many small, cute animals, or old people...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 10:48:23 am »

pretty fuckin' rad alt-text as well
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 10:57:34 am »

Quote from: "palm trees"
pretty fuckin' rad alt-text as well


Indeed. I again, for some reason, forgot to look at the alt-text when I first read the strip.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 12:36:00 pm »

Nervous over
Life with a girl?
Close the door
They hear you hurl
Burma shave
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 01:04:45 pm »

Pluto defends itself.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 01:18:12 pm »

It's still a pissed off piece of snow.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 01:26:33 pm »

Oh man, the perfect end cap to the Playboy Advisor Joke That Grew Too Olde.

I think we'll have to update the "Achewood Catch Phrases" thread after this one.

V-Adore

  • Guest
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 02:47:20 pm »

This does rather redeem things, yes -- although I believe wholeheartedly that the alt text is by far the best part of this, just because I can totally picture an angry Wookiee* mother banging on the door. And, of course, I can picture Chewbacca's six-hundred-dollar prom dress.

* yeah, I'm a loser
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 02:50:01 pm »

Firefox refuses to display more than 60 characters of alt-text for me.  I have to view the properties of the image and then copy and paste the text to see it all.  Am I the only person who has this problem?  Is this something I can set in about:config or something?

By the way, the "alt-text" is actually a title, and the images in fact have no alt-text.  View source, I'll wait.  See?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 02:59:54 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
This does rather redeem things, yes -- although I believe wholeheartedly that the alt text is by far the best part of this, just because I can totally picture an angry Wookiee* mother banging on the door. And, of course, I can picture Chewbacca's six-hundred-dollar prom dress.

* yeah, I'm a loser


Didn't we actually meet Chewbacca's family in the Wookie Christmas Special?

OUT-LOSER'D!

Oh, and Va, I have the same problem. I usually just view source, but I was going to post the same thing. Won't someone please thing of VA and me?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 03:20:44 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Firefox refuses to display more than 60 characters of alt-text for me.  I have to view the properties of the image and then copy and paste the text to see it all.  Am I the only person who has this problem?  Is this something I can set in about:config or something?

By the way, the "alt-text" is actually a title, and the images in fact have no alt-text.  View source, I'll wait.  See?

It's a known bug in Firefox. You can just drag over the Properties window to make the text scroll or use the "View this page in IE" option if you have that extension.

Also, we known he (correctly) uses the Title attribute but calling it title is confusing since that's also the name for the text in the window's top bar. Plus most people are used to the term alt-text from its years of mis-use.

There used to be an extension that made Fire* display alt-text attributes like IE but I don't know if it was ever updated for newer versions.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 03:28:38 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I am not, however, at all certain I agree with Ray's advice.  But it is passable if considered from a "I want my buddy comfortable" perspective rather than a "good things ain't easy" viewpoint.


Yea. I'm totally with you there. If I were Ray I'd have told Beef to stop being an idiot and do what he can to make them both happy, as then things will be better for everyone. But then I'm just like that...


That is, I'll keep stabbing myself in the eye (metaphorically) even if it'd hurt less in the end to give up. I guess I only accept certain kinds of pain.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 04:01:42 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Yea. I'm totally with you there. If I were Ray I'd have told Beef to stop being an idiot and do what he can to make them both happy, as then things will be better for everyone. But then I'm just like that...

That would have been a touch less funny, I think. I guess that's why it isn't Slinkwood (though that'd be a funny name).

Jadrankowood?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 04:11:55 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

That would have been a touch less funny, I think. I guess that's why it isn't Slinkwood (though that'd be a funny name).


I might change my name so Slink is short for Slinkwood. Although the jokes would be unbearable. And certainly, I wasn't at all saying I thought it should go that way. I mean, if Molly and Beef split, it would sadden me, but it's not real life, so I just have to see what happens you know. (Hell, as would be the case if it were real life... I don't know where that was going, but you get the drift. Ugh, job interviews...)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
You're selling yourself toupees - 28 Oct '04
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 04:28:17 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
And certainly, I wasn't at all saying I thought it should go that way. I mean, if Molly and Beef split, it would sadden me, but it's not real life, so I just have to see what happens you know. (Hell, as would be the case if it were real life... I don't know where that was going, but you get the drift. Ugh, job interviews...)


Yeah, I know. Actually, when I read this comic and thought about posting a response to it, I thought about the image of Chewie's mom hollering through that door, and Chewie being anorexic, and I thought that I might not ever say anything so bizarrely funny in my life. Meaning, I guess, that I think the dichotomy of what a person might say in a comic situation to be true to their own personality is rarely what they might say to be funny.

Hey look, I killed a thread!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up