Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for Onstad!  (Read 4630 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Question for Onstad!
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:22:47 pm »

I'm not trying to be pissy or give you a hard time here, I'd just honestly like to know -- Do you intend to continue updating the Serializer strips?  Achewood was pretty much the only thing I read there and if you aren't going to post I don't really have a reason to subscribe.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Question for Onstad!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 02:41:25 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'm not trying to be pissy or give you a hard time here, I'd just honestly like to know -- Do you intend to continue updating the Serializer strips?  Achewood was pretty much the only thing I read there and if you aren't going to post I don't really have a reason to subscribe.


I quit my serializer subscription.
Then Onstad updated with "How I made it in web comics."
I reapplied for serializer.
They said I already had an active subscription. WTF.
Then...

It turns out that's a reprint of something he printed in Flak magazine.

And there's been nothing since.

Sorry to go all joughish here, but actual money is involved. I've ignored it because it's a trivial amount thus far, but if updates just aren't gonna happen, I can divert it elsewhere.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 07:42:57 pm »

I refer to it as an archive now, and recommend just buying a one-month subscription if Achewood is the only one you're interested in reading. I think there are over sixty installments in there, so for $3 or whatever, it's a really good deal. Thanks for subscribing, it does help support Achewood.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 07:46:51 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I refer to it as an archive now, and recommend just buying a one-month subscription if Achewood is the only one you're interested in reading. I think there are over sixty installments in there, so for $3 or whatever, it's a really good deal. Thanks for subscribing, it does help support Achewood.


Thanks Chris.  It's a wonderful set of stuff and I'll probably re-subscribe at some point to check it out again.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 07:51:16 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I refer to it as an archive now, and recommend just buying a one-month subscription if Achewood is the only one you're interested in reading. I think there are over sixty installments in there, so for $3 or whatever, it's a really good deal. Thanks for subscribing, it does help support Achewood.


Thanks Chris.  It's a wonderful set of stuff and I'll probably re-subscribe at some point to check it out again.


Hear hear. Thanks Chris.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 07:52:37 pm »

That's good to know. I might pay for a month and get caught up; three bucks for sixty strips is more than reasonable, I believe.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 08:33:56 pm »

I keep forgetting to cancel that. Oh well, it's a good cause.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 09:52:52 pm »

So no more new Achewood at Serializer?

I guess I'll cancel then.  I don't really read anything else there.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 11:00:38 pm »

I expect to have time to add things there again after the holidays. We're really busy right now with producing a few new books and shop items.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 11:11:29 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I expect to have time to add things there again after the holidays. We're really busy right now with producing a few new books and shop items.


From what I've heard regarding the different experiences in the strip books (plus the cookbooks -- the mussel linguini recipe was good), it may be worth it to save the for-pay content for print. I give a shit about serializer but I've been convinced to buy the anthologies and cookbook.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 11:16:35 pm »

I rather agree re: saving for-pay content for the books. They give me a greater incentive to actually buy the books; since I'm not all that focused on just having a hard copy of strips I've already read, it's nice to have some incentive that sweetens the pot. Also, I'm fairly sure I'd rather pay ten bucks for a book I'll have forever than three bucks for reading access for a month.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 11:26:46 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
it's nice to have some incentive that sweetens the pot..


Translation:

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I would like to see a "girls of Achewood" centerfold set including Molly, Penny, Ultra Peanut, that bear who was chatting up Cornelius, and a hot Tina shoot!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 11:39:16 pm »

Oh, sure, that's what you say, Mr. Isosceles Lock. Are you and the ABBA guys still talking?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 11:44:26 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Oh, sure, that's what you say, Mr. Isosceles Lock. Are you and the ABBA guys still talking?


Let's just say I was bjorn to be a sexual bandit.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 07:28:20 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I expect to have time to add things there again after the holidays. We're really busy right now with producing a few new books and shop items.


uh huh/ and i'm gonna get off the whiskey train, maybe,..um...tomorrow?

or not. sawl good.

maybe the next day.

onstad-it would be rad if you showed at some comi-con or whatever inth northwest.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up