Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for Onstad!  (Read 4641 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 08:09:04 am »

Quote from: "sailor"

onstad-it would be rad if you showed at some comi-con or whatever inth northwest.


I'll be doing signings around the San Francisco bay area this winter in support of the new book. The next cities on the roster are Boston, Austin and Portland. Late 2005 should see us in the UK and Canada.

At cons I feel like more of a zoo animal, having my picture unpleasantly snapped while an endless parade of non-readers who are afraid to pick up the books and shirts—lest the sad nobody artist attempt conversation—crab-walk aloofly past. It's an experience I genuinely detest. Plus the hot dogs are like eleven dollars.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 12:48:12 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Quote from: "sailor"

onstad-it would be rad if you showed at some comi-con or whatever inth northwest.


At cons I feel like more of a zoo animal, having my picture unpleasantly snapped while an endless parade of non-readers who are afraid to pick up the books and shirts—lest the sad nobody artist attempt conversation—crab-walk aloofly past. It's an experience I genuinely detest. Plus the hot dogs are like eleven dollars.


The life of a cartoonist...

Quote from: "Orwell"

The trucks were still filing past, the people still insatiably gaping. At the start there had been a few boos and hisses, but it came only from the Party members among the crowd, and had soon stopped. The prevailing emotion was simply curiosity. Foreigners, whether from Eurasia or from Eastasia, were a kind of strange animal. One literally never saw them except in the guise of prisoners, and even as prisoners one never got more than a momentary glimpse of them. Nor did one know what became of them, apart from the few who were hanged as war-criminals: the others simply vanished, presumably into forced-labour camps. The round Mongol faces had given way to faces of a more European type, dirty, bearded and exhausted. From over scrubby cheekbones eyes looked into Winston's, sometimes with strange intensity, and flashed away again. The convoy was drawing to an end. In the last truck he could see an aged man, his face a mass of grizzled hair, standing upright with wrists crossed in front of him, as though he were used to having them bound together.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 01:36:47 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
. Plus the hot dogs are like eleven dollars.


that's insanse!

there aughta be a law.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 03:32:16 pm »

I dig on Serializer sometimes. The Salon is really good, The Odyssey of Winton Woral is hilarious. Unlikely looks like it's going to be tragic, and Red Eye Black is good, too. Oh, and who could forget the Tale from Gimbley stuff.
And I would be completely remiss if I didn't mention Fetus-X

I just wish that people like Onstad and Weing and Demian5 and stuff would get back to doing more stuff there. I love Pup.

One of these days I just need to switch my subscription to yearly and save a buck or two.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 03:37:36 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"

I just wish that people like Onstad and Weing and Demian5 and stuff would get back to doing more stuff there. I love Pup.


Damn straight. I have been waiting til I have the credit to sign up, and then will devour the Achewood and Pup that is there, and well, probably not a whole lot more, but I'll certainly browse the rest.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 05:06:37 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Quote from: "sailor"

onstad-it would be rad if you showed at some comi-con or whatever inth northwest.


I'll be doing signings around the San Francisco bay area this winter in support of the new book. The next cities on the roster are Boston, Austin and Portland. Late 2005 should see us in the UK and Canada.

Jesus Mary and Joseph!
Not one of the other 20 Portlands, right? Portland, Oregon, right? Do you have any further deetails? Because I might have to take time off of work for this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 06:03:03 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

I'll be doing signings around the San Francisco bay area this winter in support of the new book. The next cities on the roster are Boston, Austin and Portland. Late 2005 should see us in the UK and Canada.


Canada?
Canada, North America?
I live there!
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 06:13:09 pm »

Yea, and last time you were over here, not onyl was I in London when you were, but the pub you went to in Lieth was literally at the end of the road from my brother's flat (Iona Street).
I was working the conference though, with it being Easter, so I didn't even know 'til afterwards.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2004, 06:16:43 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

I'll be doing signings around the San Francisco bay area this winter in support of the new book. The next cities on the roster are Boston, Austin and Portland. Late 2005 should see us in the UK and Canada.


Canada?
Canada, North America?
I live there!


No, the other Canada.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2004, 06:19:37 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Quote from: "sailor"

onstad-it would be rad if you showed at some comi-con or whatever inth northwest.


I'll be doing signings around the San Francisco bay area this winter in support of the new book. The next cities on the roster are Boston, Austin and Portland. Late 2005 should see us in the UK and Canada.

Jesus Mary and Joseph!
Not one of the other 20 Portlands, right? Portland, Oregon, right? Do you have any further deetails? Because I might have to take time off of work for this.


yeah, i'll get down to PDX for that, i've been meaning to go visit friends anyway. (i'm like two hours north) whenny when when?

i'll buy you a lousy frikkin' hot dog.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2004, 06:29:36 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Quote from: "sailor"

onstad-it would be rad if you showed at some comi-con or whatever inth northwest.


I'll be doing signings around the San Francisco bay area this winter in support of the new book. The next cities on the roster are Boston, Austin and Portland. Late 2005 should see us in the UK and Canada.

Jesus Mary and Joseph!
Not one of the other 20 Portlands, right? Portland, Oregon, right? Do you have any further deetails? Because I might have to take time off of work for this.


yeah, i'll get down to PDX for that, i've been meaning to go visit friends anyway. (i'm like two hours north) whenny when when?

i'll buy you a lousy frikkin' hot dog.

Maybe we can pool our funds and buy him several hot dogs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2004, 07:47:45 pm »

Actually, I have plane tix purchased up into January, and it would just be a giant crap-shoot if it worked out. But thank you for making me seem threatening and weird. I'll handle that myself, if you don't mind.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2004, 08:38:31 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Yea, and last time you were over here, not onyl was I in London when you were, but the pub you went to in Lieth


I was in Lieth? I didn't know where I was half the time, except that the exchange rate was $1.86:£1. Where's Leith?

Yes, Portland OR. And the Canada that America wears as a tricorn, not Canada, VT. Not sure which area yet.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2004, 09:56:41 pm »

Do you have any idea when, roughly?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Question for Onstad!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2004, 01:31:48 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

I was in Lieth? I didn't know where I was half the time, except that the exchange rate was $1.86:£1. Where's Leith?


Leith is the bit of Edinburgh you were in when you went to the football (Easter Road being parallel to Leith Walk). But it is very distinct from the rest of Edinburgh, if you spend much time there, so I always make the distinction.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up