Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004  (Read 5654 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« on: October 29, 2004, 11:32:20 am »

My laugh upon seeing the sixth panel was a sort of snort.  Nicely set up in the blogs, I must say.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 11:36:12 am »

Oops.. I should've refreshed the board one more time before making a thread... *embarassed*

Anyway, I haven't read the blogs since ray's post unless that was the setup... I just didn't see it comin'
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:13:08 pm »

Loved the art in the first panel, and yeah, the plot twist actually did make me laugh.  I find Tina's utter irritatingness very amusing.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 12:25:05 pm »

Tina gets more irritating by the moment, yes. Also, I'm somehow not surprised that Ray would be having this long-time on-again-off-again affair with an Applebee's hostess -- bets that they met when he slipped her bills for a good table?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 01:06:58 pm »

OH SNAP!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 01:11:44 pm »

haha....I'm surprised no one's mentioned the alt-text. This might be the best one ever.  The strip only sets up the joke.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 01:13:00 pm »

Again. Wow!
So nicely set up, not as horrific an ending for Beef as I expected (will probably work out for the better, except for the Tina thing maybe), and the alt-text added to the embarrassing laughter.

Now I wish I'd closed my door.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 01:57:12 pm »

The best part is how appropriate the molecule test is for Beef. If it were Ray it would be until he couldn't say Escalade or some such.
Logged

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 03:03:30 pm »

It almost makes me feel dirty, how much this cracked me up. Before even reading the alt-text.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 03:04:27 pm »

I wish I could read all of the alt-text, but Firefox seems to cut it off after so many characters.

I'm sure there's an extension to fix that somewhere.  

Oh CJ...

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 03:22:47 pm »

Don't burden our gracious
Plagiarist hosts
Save bandwith by locking
Duplicate posts
Burma Shave


Rock over London
Rock on Chicago
Achewood: I must have gotten my bone on like six times!
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 03:24:16 pm »

You could always just view the source of the page and find it that way. That's what I always end up doing when Onstad gets overly verbose with the alt text.

My problem is that, having never watched Seinfeld, I have no idea what he's talking about.
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 03:26:54 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Don't burden our gracious
Plagiarist hosts
Save bandwith by locking
Duplicate posts
Burma Shave


When creating new posts
Please be sure to check
That one's not already out there
Or else you'll catch heck
Burma Shave
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 03:39:04 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I wish I could read all of the alt-text, but Firefox seems to cut it off after so many characters.

I'm sure there's an extension to fix that somewhere.  

Oh CJ...


Yea, right click, view source and scroll down a couple of lines...
OK, so it's not ideal, but it does fine.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 03:41:49 pm »

Yeah, I think in the long run this may be the best thing for Beef and Molly. Really, they've only been together for a relatively short time, thanks to the strangenesses of Heaven; they sort of went right from casually dating to shacking up and looking for a new place, which is Serious Business. With luck, this way they can both calm down about Theoretical Commitment and get to know each other better.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up