Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004  (Read 5673 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 03:48:47 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
I wish I could read all of the alt-text, but Firefox seems to cut it off after so many characters.

I'm sure there's an extension to fix that somewhere.  

Oh CJ...


Yea, right click, view source and scroll down a couple of lines...
OK, so it's not ideal, but it does fine.


Mozilla is doing the same thing.  I figured out how to do what you guys said here, and it works, but it sure takes a lot of the fun out of it.  For pete's sake I shouldn't have to hack the assembler code to read the freaking comics.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 04:03:32 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I wish I could read all of the alt-text, but Firefox seems to cut it off after so many characters.

I'm sure there's an extension to fix that somewhere.  

Oh CJ...

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=27433#27433
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 04:32:45 pm »

Is this the end of the "Molly is an unfeeling witch" talk? This seems like a pretty appropriate solution.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 04:39:16 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Is this the end of the "Molly is an unfeeling witch" talk? This seems like a pretty appropriate solution.


tina starts to fall in love with beef thus starting an actual cat fight.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 06:07:22 pm »

Beef should move in with both of them and try to convince the landlord that he is gay.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 06:10:24 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
I wish I could read all of the alt-text, but Firefox seems to cut it off after so many characters.

I'm sure there's an extension to fix that somewhere.  

Oh CJ...

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=27433#27433


The properties window cuts off even more characters (in Mozilla anyway.)

I shouldn't have to hack the assembler code to read the freaking comics!

Oh, fine.  I'll be looking at Garfield and getting ink all over my fingers if anyone's trying to find me, OK?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 06:31:09 pm »

Wombat, don't do it!

Oh the humanity!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 06:32:16 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
I wish I could read all of the alt-text, but Firefox seems to cut it off after so many characters.

I'm sure there's an extension to fix that somewhere.  

Oh CJ...

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=27433#27433


The properties window cuts off even more characters (in Mozilla anyway.)

I shouldn't have to hack the assembler code to read the freaking comics!

Oh, fine.  I'll be looking at Garfield and getting ink all over my fingers if anyone's trying to find me, OK?


in the properties window,
left click and DRAG to highlight the alt.text.
then KEEP dragging right.
it will "scroll".
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2004, 06:33:35 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
I wish I could read all of the alt-text, but Firefox seems to cut it off after so many characters.

I'm sure there's an extension to fix that somewhere.  

Oh CJ...

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=27433#27433


The properties window cuts off even more characters (in Mozilla anyway.)

I shouldn't have to hack the assembler code to read the freaking comics!

Oh, fine.  I'll be looking at Garfield and getting ink all over my fingers if anyone's trying to find me, OK?


um, all you gotta do is expand the properties box by placing yr cursor over the right side of the box until it transforms into the arrows thingy and then simply drag.

friends don't let friends read garfield.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2004, 07:03:49 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"


um, all you gotta do is expand the properties box by placing yr cursor over the right side of the box until it transforms into the arrows thingy and then simply drag.



Oh, FINE.  Yes, that seems to work.  Thank you all.
 
But how many jokes are going to be good enough to stand up to all that fuss?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2004, 08:20:32 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
My problem is that, having never watched Seinfeld, I have no idea what he's talking about.


I think he was not referring to actual Seinfeld, but rather he was making a self-knowing nod to the ridiculous sit-com-esque turn of events in this strip.

In tomorrow's strip, Phillipe rides by on a motorcycle and hauls ass to Lollapalooza.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2004, 08:32:46 pm »

Quote from: "MSC"
In tomorrow's strip, Phillipe rides by on a motorcycle and hauls ass to Lollapalooza.

Here we go again!
Logged

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2004, 09:54:01 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "MSC"
In tomorrow's strip, Phillipe rides by on a motorcycle and hauls ass to Lollapalooza.

Here we go again!


Monday, on Achewood!

TEODOR: Fine, Ray. I'll do your job for a day, and you do my job for a day, and then we'll see who's got it the toughest!
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2004, 01:47:03 am »

Am I the only one a little weirded out by the fact that Molly calls Roast Beef "Beef" like his friends do? She does this twice in today's strip, and numerous times prior. Where I come from, girlfriends aren't supposed to call their boyfriends by the nickname the friends call him. I have a female friend (and no, smartalecks, I actually have MORE than one), and I knew she was "over" her old boyfriend when she called him the same name we called him by.

Then again, I suppose it might cause problems to call him "Cassandra."
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
until he can't say Molecule - 29 Oct 2004
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2004, 02:16:17 am »

Er. with all due respect, Golfhaus, where are you getting this? "Beef" seems like a perfectly reasonable shortening -- it's not like she's calling him "The Gazonger" or anything else stupidly fratboyish. I've never seen any of the couples I know deviate from a nickname except when it's something really fratesque and dumb.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up