Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New book reviewed  (Read 3031 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New book reviewed
« on: October 29, 2004, 11:07:46 pm »

I won't quote from it because I don't know if that's a cool or uncool thing to do, but I do hope that this helps sales and all that. Actually, I will point out one tiny quote:

Quote from: "Alan David Doane"
. . . no lessons are learned.

That simply isn't true. I probably wouldn't have Achewood raise my kids, but there's some solid info in there. Hell, the strip they reprint is a learning experience in and of itself!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New book reviewed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 11:53:26 pm »

The beginning of that review was almost uninteligible but towards the end it was clear he liked it. So that's nice.

I wonder if there will be personalized versions or if I'll just get it from Amazon.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New book reviewed
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 05:51:12 am »

Where may this review be found?

And yeah, it's okay to reprint a review as long as you attribute the source.

V-Adore

  • Guest
New book reviewed
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 05:52:50 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Where may this review be found?

Linked to on the top of Achewood.com -- should be obvious once you're looking for it.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New book reviewed
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 03:03:00 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Where may this review be found?

And yeah, it's okay to reprint a review as long as you attribute the source.

Sorry about that; I actually sort of assumed that most people here had already read it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New book reviewed
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 03:31:40 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I wonder if there will be personalized versions or if I'll just get it from Amazon.

My question has been answered. Apparently Chris will only sell personalized ones, for regular you must buy it elsewhere. Although I'm not sure if personalization is worth $22 ($35 vs. $13.97 @ amazon). I think it was only $10 on the self-published volumes.

Also, did the Volume 4 ads just start to appear or am I just not observant lately?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
New book reviewed
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 05:05:49 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
The beginning of that review was almost uninteligible but towards the end it was clear he liked it. So that's nice.

I wonder if there will be personalized versions or if I'll just get it from Amazon.


CJ, didja think 'Stad would link to the review if it weren't in his favor?

Just a question.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New book reviewed
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 05:13:48 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "jough"
Where may this review be found?

Linked to on the top of Achewood.com -- should be obvious once you're looking for it.


Well, TODAY it is.  I guess you missed my subtle point: someone reading this thread three months from now will not know what the hell we're talking about.

Here 'tis:

Achewood Vol. 1 Review

Jesus, people.  Do I need to explain how message boards work?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
New book reviewed
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 07:35:13 am »

JOUGHS RULES FOR MESSAGEBOARD PLAY:
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New book reviewed
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 04:07:44 pm »

One way message boards work is that things occur, and the people who are there for them get that insider knowledge, and then in 3 months people who show up to read the boards have no idea what happened, and therefore feel excluded, while the other people are part of the in crowd. I want to be part of the in crowd, dammit!

Sorry about not linking.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
New book reviewed
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 04:25:23 pm »

Oh, see, and here I had assumed that Jough had actually been unable to find the review link, not merely asking a rhetorical question to prod someone to post a link for perpetuity.

I'm glad the link got posted, but yes, I'm really not sure that being hyper-intelligible in the future is a major goal for this MB. If somehow all records on the Earth are wiped out besides this one, the cockroach archeologists of the future will be so screwed.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New book reviewed
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2004, 04:32:27 pm »

They'll certainly wonder about the contingent pressing for legal ghost bikes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New book reviewed
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004, 05:34:39 pm »

That's OK, we can all come back and post from Heaven and EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO THEM.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up