Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter  (Read 6025 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« on: November 01, 2004, 01:07:58 pm »

Pretty good, mostly thanks to the alt-text.  I do like the hat though.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 01:21:25 pm »

I really liked this one. Lots more good stuff flying, and something about the feel of the conversation I really liked.
I only didn't start a thread for this 'cause I couldn't decide what I was going to call it.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 01:37:38 pm »

All driving a Goldwing and collecting swords!  Yeah!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 02:07:15 pm »

He is right though. I've know two different IT guys at two different companies I temped for who would wear hats like that and trench coats &c to try and look suave in a 40's kind of way. It didn't work.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 02:56:05 pm »

The bike says it all...

Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 02:57:09 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
He is right though. I've know two different IT guys at two different companies I temped for who would wear hats like that and trench coats &c to try and look suave in a 40's kind of way. It didn't work.


It doesn't work without a three piece pin striped suit; and sleeve garters, wether anyone sees them or not.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 03:25:50 pm »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
The bike says it all...


They have a reverse gear... 'nough said.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 07:27:34 pm »

That's madness. Ray is not convincing Téodor with the Bogart reference, so he goes to Dan Rather? I am liking how Ray's eyebrow is up the whole time, still working it, and Téodor's got that squint going, like he's really considering if the look works, instead of just dismissing Ray out of hand. And then Ray just folds.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 07:41:49 pm »

Yeah, the Dan Rather thing threw me for a loop. Does Ray actually think Dan Rather is cool? If so, why?
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 07:53:16 pm »

Because Dan Rather fits all Ray's criteria for cool:

* Probably rides around in a limo
* Is on TV
* Is rich
* Is powerful
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 07:54:35 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah, the Dan Rather thing threw me for a loop. Does Ray actually think Dan Rather is cool? If so, why?


I would have thought if any Achewood character would be a fan of Dan Rather, it would be Lie-Bot.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 08:07:55 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Because Dan Rather fits all Ray's criteria for cool:

* Probably rides around in a limo
* Is on TV
* Is rich
* Is powerful

Well, you would know. I always am surprised by that aspect of Ray, because he comes off as pretty blasé to me, or maybe jaded. It's fun when he can be that into something. My real feeling of dissociation (or whatever it would be) was that he went from Bogart to Rather. If Bogart isn't making it, just lose the hat. But Bogart must be pretty distant for him.

Also, let me point out that I very much enjoyed today's strip.

And I know it is just a cartoon cat.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 10:34:05 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah, the Dan Rather thing threw me for a loop. Does Ray actually think Dan Rather is cool? If so, why?


because dan rather was big daddy cool before kevin nash's daddy ever had morning wood.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

foolio

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 11:53:41 pm »

I used to have a hat like that. I'm closer to a SysAdmin than to Bogart as well. Nice strip.

And not to question the free market, but who the @#$% pays $350 for a 5x7 painting of an ALIVE STUFFED ANIMAL?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Nov 1: Pizza-Goiter
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 01:01:26 am »

Quote from: "foolio"
I used to have a hat like that. I'm closer to a SysAdmin than to Bogart as well. Nice strip.

And not to question the free market, but who the @#$% pays $350 for a 5"x7" painting of an ALIVE STUFFED ANIMAL?


I wish I had this kind of discretionary income, but I suspect my wife would have a little problem with it. If it was 5' x 7', however, I'd say consequence be damned!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up