Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Nov 02-CLIK  (Read 3687 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Nov 02-CLIK
« on: November 02, 2004, 09:53:22 pm »

I have also told lies like this.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 09:57:42 pm »

Brutal.
Logged
goose means greedy

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 10:00:47 pm »

When my girlfriend asks me what I had for lunch I usually just tell her that she does not want to know.  

Damn, I love "less than 50% sodium by volume".
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 10:05:44 pm »

Now I'm all self-conscious to post some of the stuff I am thinking about the comic, because Chris is here.


I am sad for Beef. Chicken thighs in white gravy, straight out of the box. And his eyes . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 10:48:28 pm »

Oh woe, he's lying in that position again.  That position that might be normal if he were really just a cat, but that is in fact so terribly heartbreaking.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 10:50:55 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Damn, I love "less than 50% sodium by volume".

Totally. I eat a lot of frozen dinners because I'm lazy and suck at cooking and they're all like this. Boston Market is the worst.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 11:01:47 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Damn, I love "less than 50% sodium by volume".

Yes, very awesome.

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Now I'm all self-conscious to post some of the stuff I am thinking about the comic, because Chris is here.

omgwtfbbqlol

Criticize, dude. He lurked for days before revealing himself to us; I'm sure he's seen far worse than what this strip could elicit, besides.
Logged

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 11:03:24 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Oh woe, he's lying in that position again.  That position that might be normal if he were really just a cat, but that is in fact so terribly heartbreaking.


i know.  on the floor next to the electrical sockets.  again.  

oh, hey, i didn't know you were going to call just now.  
at applebee's and also with tina

man, when's the last time RB's coded or hacked into some big corp?

voted!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 11:10:35 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Nabu"
Now I'm all self-conscious to post some of the stuff I am thinking about the comic, because Chris is here.

omgwtfbbqlol

Criticize, dude. He lurked for days before revealing himself to us; I'm sure he's seen far worse than what this strip could elicit, besides.

Your attribution was incorrect. Also, you misread my post. I wasn't looking to criticize. I was actually just going to idly wonder if the drawing that Chris was having difficulty with was the drawing of the chicken thigh on the box. Also, that part that is in italics may indicate that you are choking.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

walking contradiction

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/less_than_zero
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 11:52:02 pm »

Quote
TUESDAY: STRIP AROUND 1PM PDT, IT'S TAKING ME LONGER THAN I THOUGHT TO DRAW THIS ONE OBJECT


It is a lovely box, do you not agree?
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 12:11:28 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Your attribution was incorrect. Also, you misread my post. I wasn't looking to criticize. I was actually just going to idly wonder if the drawing that Chris was having difficulty with was the drawing of the chicken thigh on the box. Also, that part that is in italics may indicate that you are choking.

D'oh. I cut and paste, which contributed to the misattribution. I am sorry.

I am curious, though: why would you feel uncomfortable asking if the box was the reason the strip was delayed? It seems like a perfectly reasonable curiousity. I assumed incorrectly, though I remain curious.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 12:59:27 am »

Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Your attribution was incorrect. Also, you misread my post. I wasn't looking to criticize. I was actually just going to idly wonder if the drawing that Chris was having difficulty with was the drawing of the chicken thigh on the box. Also, that part that is in italics may indicate that you are choking.

D'oh. I cut and paste, which contributed to the misattribution. I am sorry.

I am curious, though: why would you feel uncomfortable asking if the box was the reason the strip was delayed? It seems like a perfectly reasonable curiousity. I assumed incorrectly, though I remain curious.

It's just this mysterious hold that Chris has over me. Is more of a sickness, really.

Actually, I didn't want my curiosity to be mis-perceived as criticism, and also I am more willing to have everyone else on this board waste their time reading my mundane post than I am for Chris to squander valuable funny-making time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 03:00:13 am »

this strip nearly made me cry.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 04:02:49 am »

This is such a sad thing.

Wombat is very right about the pose; it really takes me a minute to realize that being curled up like that is a totally normal thing for a cat to be doing, such as would not make me terrified or uncomfortable if I came home and saw my cat doing it, but for a human (and thus for Beef) makes me want to scoop him up and give him a hug. It's a strange guideline as to just how much we anthropomorphicize these characters, I suppose.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Nov 02-CLIK
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 04:09:25 am »

I love the fact that "Quality" on the box is trademarked. It struck me in a really funny way.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up