Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: More Bush  (Read 20247 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
More Bush
« on: November 03, 2004, 07:07:06 am »

Four more years.

Sigh.

Four more long, painful, economically spiraling downward years.

FUCK YOU, OHIO

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
More Bush
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 08:08:18 am »

.....Slink, Andalucia.....do you guys have couches?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
More Bush
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 12:25:01 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
.....Slink, Andalucia.....do you guys have couches?


Sure, but you do know Blair is gonna be sat in his fuck*ng pocket for another four years right?

I think my mantra for the day is: fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.
How!?
Ugh.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
More Bush
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 12:30:23 pm »

I'm thinking maybe I should relax and look forward to World War Three.  After all, I'm still looking for work, and maybe I could get a good job in a bomb factory.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
More Bush
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 12:38:34 pm »

Yes, Bozack, come to the magical kingdom under the sea that is Canada.  Because your country is apparently unfit to pick its own leaders.  Wow.

What did you guys do last night?  Some friends and I baked cookies and drank timely beer and watched the results come in on CBC (which always gave Kerry hilarious leads) and some Vermont station.   I woke up this morning from a bad dream with a headache, rolled out of bed and went to cnn.com.  Not that I'm surprised, but it's still pretty goddamn depressing.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
More Bush
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 12:44:47 pm »

Well, at least we'll get to drag out the presidency in the courts for the next two months!

There's always that!

V-Adore

  • Guest
More Bush
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 01:14:40 pm »

Look, at this point I'm just grateful for the recount. Where there's yelling, there's hope.

Anyway, my reaction to this reminds me surprisingly of my reaction to 9/11: shocked? Yes. Terrified? Yes. Filled with a creeping, hideous realization that this may not actually affect my life all that much, if I take the right precautions? Yes.

Time to start looking at graduate schools in which I can hide once I finish undergraduate. I don't think I want to contemplate entering the private sector during a Bush administration.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
More Bush
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 01:16:09 pm »

Hey y'all - no I'm not dead, just lurking heavily.

Up half the night with our new not-quite-housebroken kitty and cnn.com for nothing. Today, the SO and I will begin the hunt for grad schools in countries that have a slightly less asinine electorate.

And now I have to teach crazy-ass 8th graders while I'm exhausted and cranky. Nobody'd better give me trouble, or they're in for SuperBitch2004.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: More Bush
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 01:56:24 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Four more years.

Sigh.

Four more long, painful, economically spiraling downward years.

FUCK YOU, OHIO

Here's my worry. For the last 4 years we've had Acting President Bush (since he was appointed not elected). Now do these years count towards his term limit or can this fuckwad run again in '08?

And what is up with dumb-ass religious motherfuckers? Bush was the least xtian candidate by far but he swept the Bible Belt. He opposes every major tenet of the faith but those morons voted for him just because he's republican, I guess.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: More Bush
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 02:20:03 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
And what is up with dumb-ass religious motherfuckers? Bush was the least xtian candidate by far but he swept the Bible Belt. He opposes every major tenet of the faith but those morons voted for him just because he's republican, I guess.


I don't have back-up on this, but I've been told that in exit polling, the #1 cited issue for Republican voters was... gay marriage.

Who cares about any kind of sound fiscal or foreign policy?  Gotta keep the fuckin' fags from getting hitched!

Ye gods, I'm stuck in this country with millions of fuck*ng idiots.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: More Bush
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 02:47:00 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Four more years.

Sigh.

Four more long, painful, economically spiraling downward years.

FUCK YOU, OHIO


I'll thank you for not wishing to fuck the entire state of Ohio.  Some of us voted for regime change and thus should not be subject to such broad strokes of the fuck*ng Brush.

How about we fuck the 150,000 or so people who couldn't be motivated to tear themselves away from The Tony Danza Show long enough to cast a ballot for Kerry?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: More Bush
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 03:40:05 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
And what is up with dumb-ass religious motherfuckers? Bush was the least xtian candidate by far but he swept the Bible Belt. He opposes every major tenet of the faith but those morons voted for him just because he's republican, I guess.

I don't have back-up on this, but I've been told that in exit polling, the #1 cited issue for Republican voters was... gay marriage.

This pisses me off so much. What about other religious issues? Like food/clothing for the poor? Bearing false witness? Killing? Those are all huge strikes against Bush from a religious standpoint.

Not to mention the fact that only part of the Bible that says not to be gay doesn't apply to Christians. It's one of the Old Testament which was effectively voided by Jesus. The whole covenant being fulfilled thing. It's the same reason Christians don't have to keep kosher.

I bet at least half of these stupid motherfuckers are still against interracial marriage too.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
More Bush
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 03:58:29 pm »

In reply to your post V, yea, I feel pretty much the same.
I am shocked and appalled and depressed by the news, but it won't affect my life at all, really. The thing is, what I am depressed and appalled about is the lack of rights that people are going to have, and the continuing deaths of thousands upon thousands of innocents.

I am just spending the day listening to eMotive.
Sing along now 'Let's start a war (we could use the money)'...

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
More Bush
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 04:07:12 pm »

Update:  Not gay marriage specifically, but "moral values," which translates as "abortion and gay marriage."  Go here and scroll down to "Most Important Issue."  Moral Values is the top choice; those who cited it went 79% for Bush.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
More Bush
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 04:17:00 pm »

Rest of the world,

We're sorry.

- 49% of America, 48% of Ohio.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up