Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04  (Read 5299 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« on: November 05, 2004, 01:35:08 pm »

This is how I want to go.
That is all.


OK, maybe not quite, but I like the idea of such a non denominational and unfussy method of disposal. I think I might end up burying myself. I'd want to be used as fertiliser for Pot, but no one would want to smoke it then... Despite the additional THC I could lend to it, just like Kieth's hair!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 01:42:34 pm »

This strip has got to be one of my new faves, although it shouldn't make me this happy to know to what extent I think like a depressed cartoon cat.
Logged
goose means greedy

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 01:55:30 pm »

I want to be flash frozen and shot into space.  Aliens will repair me and I will return to earth like "V'Ger" in STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE all giant cloudy and confused.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 02:11:50 pm »

God, yes, this is a new classic. And A&Ws, dude! That place rules!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 02:15:50 pm »

I want to be buried vertically with a tree planted over me.

I've been reading too much Dune.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 02:38:23 pm »

i have not thought of an A&W restaraunt in too long.  my soul rejoices that they still exist if only in the comic strip world.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 02:58:01 pm »

It may be too late for me to get married in a donut shop like Nabu did, but if I could look forward to a funeral service half as beautiful as this, all is not lost.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 03:21:02 pm »

After reading the strip, the one thing I definitely wantde was the lady exclaiming "Fuck THIS guy!" It's funny, because my wife and I were recently talking about the final resting place, and what was the least wasteful and most earth-friendly way to do it. If a person is buried (in say a cheap, untreated pine box), it seems like they would become 'fertilizer' quicker. I guess the by-products of cremation are maybe mostly good for the earth, too, or at least not harmful. But now I have to make sure to tell her to include the huge sassy black lady.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 04:39:21 pm »

Your former avatar was something I enjoyed a great deal, but I guess it is your right to change it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 05:19:11 pm »

Like all 21-year-olds everywhere, my current plans involve never dying. I hope that one day I can actualize this, perhaps through Science.

That said, the bowling-alley thing has potential if my plans fail and I do in fact shuffle off this mortal coil.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 05:20:31 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
After reading the strip, the one thing I definitely wantde was the lady exclaiming "Fuck THIS guy!" It's funny, because my wife and I were recently talking about the final resting place, and what was the least wasteful and most earth-friendly way to do it. If a person is buried (in say a cheap, untreated pine box), it seems like they would become 'fertilizer' quicker.

My thoughts exactly. You can also have your ashed mixed into concrete and turned into seed reefs for coral.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 06:09:37 pm »

This strip is one of the best Achewoods ever. Poetry.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 06:37:26 pm »

In Hawaii, we have these brand-new, really clean A & Ws that are sort of connected to Long John Silvers.

I like rootbeer floats.

I want my ashes sculpted into the shape of a hand giving the finger and then embedded into a clear bowling ball.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 10:47:47 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Like all 21-year-olds everywhere, my current plans involve never dying. I hope that one day I can actualize this, perhaps through Science.

That said, the bowling-alley thing has potential if my plans fail and I do in fact shuffle off this mortal coil.


Being older and wiser at 26, I've lowered the expectations I have for Science. I'll be happy if Science allows me to live 150-200 years.

Also, the whole Death and Bowling element of this strip reminds me so much of Donny from The Big Lebowski.
Logged

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 11:10:27 pm »

Lovely strip.

Does Beef always not have nipples?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up