Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs Nov. 6 - 13  (Read 6790 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 05:39:56 am »

I don't know if the medium is really key to the success of the blogs, but of course ideally it would be nice to have a guided through-line through all of the blog entries in some semblance of order (not only between the days but between the different blogs on the same day) and of course also including the necessary strips involved - I suppose the blog tour would need some strips leading up to the blogs to explain Philippe's presidential run &c.

It would be nice to have a frame-based "Next" and "Previous" link taking us to the proper entries, right on the web so we can experience the blogs through the browser as they were meant to be seen, but then again, I don't know how you'd monitize that so the book is probably the way to go.

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2004, 11:10:41 am »

okay, i know this thread has gone off in another direction already, but i'll be that kid what walks into class late and interrupts everybody to add his two cents.

Mr. Bear's tale:  
terrific.  i was so skeptical at first.  all "oh, no i can't believe he sold his car to chase a broad!"  i knew it wouldn't work and stuff and i was really looking down at him, thinking "what an effing fool, all bent over a broad!"  but this story is great.  he sold the car but learned much russian.
is it the fact that he saw Ekaterina and was turned off?  did that make it easier to digest than if he had met her and she'd simply said "no, ugly, i'm a beautiful sports star and you're a nobody - a nobody who probably has a blog that nobody reads."  though she'd be wrong, he'd be rejected, dejected, and sans sports car.  
is it the fact that he found a love for her culture regardless of her social graces?  he has learned more than just the language, obviously.  he learned the joy they take in food and vodka, and the sadness in losing teenagers in snowdrifts.  he has found a social group that regards conversation more important than commerce.  
but yes, he is not an Ekaterinburger, and i will be glad when he returns to the wood hood.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2004, 07:23:27 pm »

His trip to Russia is such that the benefits of the journey outweigh the failure in its initial goal. He has had a unique experience and another thrilling chapter for his memoirs.
Logged

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2004, 10:37:55 pm »

I don't know which is a better line:
"the beautiful scent of charred beef filled the air."
or
"A gnat chewing on an atom of carbon would have been asked to leave, so silent was the room."
Excellent.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 08:59:53 pm »

Quote from: "Phillipe"
I love you.

Snif.
Quote from: "Phillipe"
Anyhow, I guess it is pretty good to be off the campaign trail. I don't have to wear uncomfortable shirts any more and think about different country relationships and all that hard stuff.

I bet that's the same thing GWB said to Cheney when he tucked him into bed last Tuesday night.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2004, 11:44:21 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

I bet that's the same thing GWB said to Cheney when he tucked him into bed last Tuesday night.


Oh, so it was a shirt? Oh, OK.

"Let me finish..."
Riiiiight.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 02:23:11 pm »

I cannot imagine a greasier food than american cheese wrapped around pork sausages. That's just disturbing.

And dammit, now I'm reading AB's blog. I am beink such the geek.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 03:41:16 pm »

chris links to a cooks blog who rants about grits.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2004, 03:59:59 pm »

Why did Teodor do such a mean thing to Phillippe?  You know, the more I find out about Teodor the less I like him.  

But, oh, Chris knows who Harold McGee is.  Dang, every time I think I'm really over him for good this time...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 04:53:33 pm »

Oh, wombat, he's just trying to encourage the little guy to be healthy. Meat from frozen taquitos really is pretty nasty - worse even than what they serve in burritos & c. from Taco Bell.

I find it refreshing that Teodor is open, honest, and instructive with Philippe: he's the only one who is. Is it any wonder Philippe looks up to him so?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 06:29:53 pm »

Aw jeez, he's only five. You don't bring an otter up to be a lover of good eats by being mean to him about what he likes.  You do it by exposing him in a nonjudgmental way to quality delicious things when you have the chance.  Teodor didn't even make him anything else for lunch.

I still think he's being a jerk.  I think he needs to get a girlfriend and leave Philippe alone.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2004, 08:29:22 pm »

Okay, I have no idea what's going on with the whole Molly/Beef thing. Obviously, Molly doesn't like living with Tina, and would rather live with Beef, but Beef's had his pride wounded and is doing the whole Ayn Rand thing. I don't see how this can get resolved.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2004, 08:45:15 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Okay, I have no idea what's going on with the whole Molly/Beef thing. Obviously, Molly doesn't like living with Tina, and would rather live with Beef, but Beef's had his pride wounded and is doing the whole Ayn Rand thing. I don't see how this can get resolved.


I have the most amazing image of Beef minting his own money, but instead of the dollar sign, he's got like the java coffee cup logo.

in addition: beef is waaaaaay too insecure to do the ayn rand thing. i mean, confidence in his own ability? a belief that he is superior? just....no.

ps: are molly and beef officially broken up? or are they fading fast? fine line, people. fine line.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2004, 02:03:35 pm »

Quote from: "Ray"
It's a free drug, and it's made of sex.

I cannot think of a better way to describe this phenomenon.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2004, 04:41:32 pm »

I like making BLT's with spinach instead of lettuce and with smooth peanut butter instead of (or in addition to) mayo.  Hell of delicious.

I'm considering substituting beef jerkey for bacon and making a total bastard BLT variation but I think it would have to be made on untoasted Wonder bread and I don't think that's something I want to eat.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up