Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness  (Read 6026 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Franz.

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 06:09:45 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Has your lady friend considered strapless bras, Franz.? They do work wonders.


Yeah, but it's my understanding that they're quite uncomfortable, depending on one's breast size. (My experience in the field of having breasts is limited to never.)

Personally, I don't mind visible bra straps when a girl is wearing such an item. I think it's kind of like being able to see the top of the panties above the jeans. It's a sexy suggestion, fashion faux pas be damned.

As for my question, though, I guess I just don't know the difference between a camisole and a tanktop, although my girl sometimes wears tank-looking-tops that have, while not a bra cup, a separate internal elastic lining for her breast region. Regardless, I am ordering a Philippe for America one in the morning, when I hope to be sober enough to read the digits on my credit card.

(Oh, and as an aside, V-Adore, thank you for properly punctuating my username. I have just finished tending bar for fourteen hours straight [sic], my feet are contemplating mutiny, my right frontal lobe is already asleep, but that made me laugh.)

In any case, I remain, as ever, your most humble servant, and desire as pleasant a sleep for you as I expect I am about to enjoy, &c, &c,

[ Franz. ]
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2004, 06:13:52 am »

The difference between a camisole and a tank top is basically that a camisole is an item of lingerie -- that is, an undergarment -- and a tank top is an item of outerwear. Thus, you can wear a bra under a tank top (and probably should), but wearing a bra under a camisole is mildly strange and sort of redundant.

That said, hey, at the end of the day it's your lady friend's tank top. If she prefers to wear it as an undershirt (or, hell, if she prepares to wear it on her head and dance), it's all good.
Logged

Franz.

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 06:15:22 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
That said, hey, at the end of the day it's your lady friend's tank top. If she prefers to wear it as an undershirt (or, hell, if she prepares to wear it on her head and dance), it's all good.


Hear, hear.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2004, 06:30:09 am »

Quote from: "Franz."
Personally, I don't mind visible bra straps when a girl is wearing such an item. I think it's kind of like being able to see the top of the panties above the jeans. It's a sexy suggestion, fashion faux pas be damned.

When its a thong that is known as "whale tail"

I am all for female board members wearing their achewear in non-standard ways and providing pictures.
Logged

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 07:12:34 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

When its a thong that is known as "whale tail"


if i were still in college i would enjoy going up before the social science committee and proposing a phd thesis on the correllation between the emergence of low rise jeans and the sudden popularity of camera phones.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2004, 07:52:14 am »

Quote from: "ndpatel"

if i were still in college i would enjoy going up before the social science committee and proposing a phd thesis on the correllation between the emergence of low rise jeans and the sudden popularity of camera phones.


I like to think I'm carrying on this spirit. Next week, I'll be turning in an 8-page semiotic analysis based entirely on the internet meme of doing a Lynndie.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2004, 12:40:13 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I like to think I'm carrying on this spirit. Next week, I'll be turning in an 8-page semiotic analysis based entirely on the internet meme of doing a Lynndie.


Good lord, that's awfully reminescent of, oh, all the assignments I have to do in my capacity as a cultural studies major.  
As for the underwear above ##### phenomenon, I am mortally opposed to it, as it is a stylistic choice imposed by idiots on the entire girl-##### market, as said ##### are now nigh on inescapable.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up