We have three cats, 5 year old male Neko; 3 year old male Radical Edward, aka Ed, Eddie Baby, Pot-Ed; and 1 year old female Bit, aka The Little Bit, Tidbit, Bitty Bitty Bop Bop.
Neko is a gorgeous longhaired gray tabby with white highlights, green eyes and insane whiskers. He is a very slim and nervous cat; we joke that he is made entirely of smoke and springs. He hisses at us a lot. He also vomits quite a bit, as he refuses to allow us to groom him in any fashion, so he swallows an alarming amount of hair.
Ed is a tuxedo cat, muscular and glossy, with green/yellow eyes. He also has very cool whiskers, being that they are white emerging from his black face, which kind of makes them look like action lines. He is also a blabbermouth. He likes to eat things that are not food, such as balls of cat hair on the floor.
Bit is a tortiseshell with copper eyes, and rather zoftig. She has a way of leaning on you while gazing into your eyes that is insanely endearing.
We enjoy our cats a lot, they are very affectionate and playful. I do occasionally get a weird feeling when they're all in the room, staring at me, and I think "Who let all these animals into my house?"
I've often wanted a rat, but I don't feel right bringing a rat into the house with three cats. It seems to me that tragedy would be inevitable, and it would be my fault.
Hubby and I pine for a doggie or two, but we're going to wait until we get out in the boonies and have lots of room for them to run around.