Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004  (Read 5115 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« on: November 19, 2004, 11:17:17 am »

I think Samuel H. Invisible sends me spam offers for low mortgages and cheap drugs.  

This Roast-Beef-as-karma-policeman line is satisfying.  You go, Beef.  You've been polite long enough.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 12:02:33 pm »

I love the desperation you can hear in Beef's old song about Samuel. It's like, he just wanted to be happy about it, so it doesn't even rhyme or metre.

Anyway. I'm off to stay in a castle for the weekend. I put money on it being cold at least.
I've decided it's going to be my equivalent of the aging, floundering musician, going to somewhere out of the way to be able to write music.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 12:23:55 pm »

Wow.  This just gets better and better.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 12:53:30 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Wow.  This just gets better and better.

I agree. Samuel H. Invisible just takes it to a whole new, awesome level.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 01:44:57 pm »

Is Ray reading something that includes a picture of a guy with a tattoo on his ass cheek?  Is he just casually viewing porn at the breakfast table?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 02:09:12 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Is Ray reading something that includes a picture of a guy with a tattoo on his ass cheek?  Is he just casually viewing porn at the breakfast table?

Could be porn or just a magazine that features lots of tatooed guys like Rolling Stone or something.

But where was Beef's mom? He obviously knows her well enough to e-mail her.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 05:24:09 pm »

It's one thing to leave children in the care of Sam, but old folks need a little looking after. That having been said, fuck that old (cat) woman.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 05:41:55 pm »

So, the issue totally ignored in this thread:

What precisely is the etymology of "grelicious?" Is it just a portmanteau of "great" and "delicious," or what?
Logged

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 05:47:44 pm »

It's kind of weird. I'd usually take Beef as singing the song without irony, but this is too close. "I've never seen a doctor?"

It seems like he's been feeding a grudge against Gramma K. for a looong while. If so, then this isn't much of a revelation/catharsis. It makes him sound sneakier and more craven than I "know" him to be.

I'll have to grind this one up for a bit.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 05:50:22 pm »

I could have sang that part of the song as a kid. Strange, my folks were both educated, but there was this thing about going to the doctor. "Oh, just put a gauze pad on that. It'll stop bleeding." I have a surfeit of scars.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 07:04:11 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
So, the issue totally ignored in this thread:

What precisely is the etymology of "grelicious?" Is it just a portmanteau of "great" and "delicious," or what?


Good, it's not just me.  I'm always afraid that I'm just missing some obscure reference.  I think that great and delicious is too easy.  There's got to be a better explanation.  Gree?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 08:11:26 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I could have sang that part of the song as a kid. Strange, my folks were both educated, but there was this thing about going to the doctor. "Oh, just put a gauze pad on that. It'll stop bleeding." I have a surfeit of scars.


Yeah, my dad's a doctor, and his entire medical advice to me was "Suck it up"; eventually, this became "Here, take some antibiotics, they might help."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 08:55:55 pm »

Of course, by now I'm sure you've all realized that Beef is no longer punctuating.

Does this mean something?
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 11:22:17 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I could have sang that part of the song as a kid. Strange, my folks were both educated, but there was this thing about going to the doctor. "Oh, just put a gauze pad on that. It'll stop bleeding." I have a surfeit of scars.

you only posted that so you could say "surfeit".
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

V-Adore

  • Guest
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2004, 12:09:44 am »

I spent most of my early childhood in one doctor's office or another; I wasn't accident-prone, but from ages about .5 to 10 I had one continuous, throbbing ear infection, one that could occasionally be sent into retreat but took forever to actually finish off. I suspect my parents spent more money on Ceclor and Amoxicillin than they'll ever spend on my education.  I also somehow managed to spend the morning of my first Christmas in the emergency room, since I apparently woke up and was unable to move my head. (I just slept on my neck funny, turns out, but my parents always end the story with "thank GOD; we thought you had MENINGITIS.")

That said, I have a lot of friends who subscribe to the caveman approach to medicine. The best was a friend of mine last year who slashed open his hand with a boxcutter, and then, with total calmness, put a napkin over it and duct-taped the napkin in place. He had goddamn brass ones.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up