Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004  (Read 5100 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 01:55:09 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
Of course, by now I'm sure you've all realized that Beef is no longer punctuating.

Does this mean something?


Given our paucity of experience with Beef using punctuation, we cannot say with certainty what conditions trigger vermisilitude on the part of Beef. Ergo, it would be folly to speculate on the causes of his reduced loquacity at present.


yeah, i just wanted to cram as many ten-cent words as i could into a couple sentences
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2004, 12:27:46 am »

I grew up in poor in NYC and I *never* got sick.  Never went to the doctor after I was a toddler.  Went to the dentist, hmmmm, twice.  Never had a cavity until I was 19.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 02:30:48 am »

I haven't been to the dentist since I was three and that time was cause some teens stampeded over me in the mall thus my front teeth were hanging on by a thread.  people told me to get braces later on, but I refused.  they're still a bit crooked, but not horribly hideous, so eh.

I haven't been to a doctor since I got my last shot before 9th grade.  I've never had a broken bone or needed stiches for anything.  I was a careful kid.  worst thing that happened to me was getting my fingers sucked up in a vent before I could even remember.  there's a slight bit o' scar tissue, but barely visible now.

As for the comic.... mmmm egg sandwiches.. I used to have a fried egg on an english muffin in sandwich format long ago.. it's been awhile, but that sounds so good.

Beef looks like a puppet in the last panel... heh.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 05:57:39 am »

Quote from: "Va"
I grew up in poor in NYC and I *never* got sick.  Never went to the doctor after I was a toddler.  Went to the dentist, hmmmm, twice.  Never had a cavity until I was 19.


You grew up in NYC and now you live in 'Bama?  That's gotta be some serious culture shock.  Care to comment?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 06:55:57 pm »

Quote from: "palm trees"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I could have sang that part of the song as a kid. Strange, my folks were both educated, but there was this thing about going to the doctor. "Oh, just put a gauze pad on that. It'll stop bleeding." I have a surfeit of scars.

you only posted that so you could say "surfeit".

I thought about using myriad, but it's been so done.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 07:03:45 pm »

Quote from: "starlight"
I haven't been to the dentist since I was three and that time was cause some teens stampeded over me in the mall thus my front teeth were hanging on by a thread.  



"You must be at least this tall to shop at the mall."
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004, 09:14:13 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

But where was Beef's mom? He obviously knows her well enough to e-mail her.


hell, he used to live with her. i think the reference is to the fact that beef basically took care of himself, because everyone tasked to care for him was bascially useless.
Logged

R-Machine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • Rrroooaaarrr!
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2004, 07:10:27 am »

Reading Friday's Achewood, I am struck with two stupid thoughts: 1) Samuel H. Invisible's acronym is "SHI", or the Japanese word for "death". Does this mean that Beef thinks that death will envelope Gramma K, "taking care of her"? And 2) Samuel sounds like "Samael", the Gnostic evil god of creation. Implying that perhaps Beef believes reality is a prison, perhaps reinforced by his frequent trips to Heaven.

Oh, and hi. First post and all.
Logged
What deviltry is this?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2004, 12:09:46 pm »

The reason Samuel and Samael sound similar is because one means "Name of God" or "Named by God" and the other means "Venom of God". The name predates Gnosticism as an epithet for the accusing angel in the Book of Job. Perhaps this is symbolic of Roast Beef's endless trials through which he is sustained only by a possibly-unfounded faith in friendship. Or perhaps he feels that he is guilty of the same misconduct and abuse of what he has been given as the sons of the biblical Samuel.

Or maybe Samuel is just a common name that has a good rhythm to it.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2004, 02:59:43 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
You grew up in NYC and now you live in 'Bama?  That's gotta be some serious culture shock.  Care to comment?


Meh, it was a gradual transition.  Born and lived in NYC until I was 12, then moved to live with my dad in Rockville, MD (right outside of D.C.).  When I was 14 we moved to Cape Coral, FL and I lived there until I joined the Air Force at 19.  The Air Force dropped me in Alabamastan, damn their eyes, and here I remain.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2004, 04:56:50 pm »

Quote from: "R-Machine"
Reading Friday's Achewood, I am struck with two stupid thoughts: 1) Samuel H. Invisible's acronym is "SHI", or the Japanese word for "death". Does this mean that Beef thinks that death will envelope Gramma K, "taking care of her"? And 2) Samuel sounds like "Samael", the Gnostic evil god of creation. Implying that perhaps Beef believes reality is a prison, perhaps reinforced by his frequent trips to Heaven.

Quote from: "Ben-San"
The reason Samuel and Samael sound similar is because one means "Name of God" or "Named by God" and the other means "Venom of God". The name predates Gnosticism as an epithet for the accusing angel in the Book of Job. Perhaps this is symbolic of Roast Beef's endless trials through which he is sustained only by a possibly-unfounded faith in friendship. Or perhaps he feels that he is guilty of the same misconduct and abuse of what he has been given as the sons of the biblical Samuel.

I like cartoon cats. Can I play with you?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
This egg sandwich is grelicious - 19 Nov 2004
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2004, 09:37:30 pm »

Meh. I never much cared for Gnostics. Love their pans, though.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up