Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beef the Metrosexual (08-11-03)  (Read 4133 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Beef the Metrosexual (08-11-03)
« on: August 11, 2003, 01:23:43 pm »

"I look like some guy who chooses fonts for a living."

Excellent.

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:58:12 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 02:21:07 pm »

I must concur.  Funniest line in weeks.  Almost makes up for the lack of a Friday strip.  Almost.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 03:00:13 pm »

Ray Eye for the Beef Guy
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 06:33:00 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Almost makes up for the lack of a Friday strip.  Almost.

OH BOO HOO I AM ALMOST CRYING

Oh wait look I am still alive and today's strip was good

losers

Presenting the Ultimate Hot or Not List 2k3

HOT: Pretending you're going to vote for Gary Coleman in California's recall election
NOT: Bitch-whining about Onstad's lack of adherence to schedule instead of keeping your damn fool mouth shut after saying something complimentary
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

V-Adore

  • Guest
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 06:39:30 pm »

So, back to the actual strip at hand...

This is more or less beautiful, yeah. Probably my favorite detail is the final panel: not just the lovely brain diagram (who says Onstad doesn't draw anything anymore?) but the fact that, even though Beef says he'd be smiling, he's fairly clearly not. Even in his bizarre alterno-Beef fantasies, Beef has existential dislike of himself.

I'm curious to see where Onstad takes this. Will Beef actually go through with it? Will it work? Will Ray, who seems to be having lady troubles of his own lately, get jealous?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 07:29:09 pm »

Well, I suppose I'm just NOT then.  Pardon me for expressing my disappointment.  For the record, I complain when I don't get enough sex from my wife, too.  Even if I've had sweaty/incredible/yikes/wow fuckin' the night before.

So, I suck.  Thanks for pointing it out.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 07:41:06 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Probably my favorite detail is the final panel: not just the lovely brain diagram (who says Onstad doesn't draw anything anymore?) but the fact that, even though Beef says he'd be smiling, he's fairly clearly not.

That actually hadn't occurred to me before, and as I look at it now, it causes me to smile anew.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
Beef
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2003, 03:39:11 pm »

I like Beef’s expressions. Although his face is simple, his emotions are clear.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 01:20:16 am »

I'm hoping a dude tries to pick up Beef while he's dressed like that and he's all "I told you so" on Ray and Teador.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2003, 03:56:54 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I complain when I don't get enough sex from my wife, too.  Even if I've had sweaty/incredible/yikes/wow fuckin' the night before.

As a person who is a few thousand miles away from his SO and likely to be in this same boat for 6 - 9 months I have to say that this is not a good thing. If you are getting sweaty/incredible/yikes/wow fuckin' I think you should be thanking your wife, not complaining - and, indeed, she should also be thanking you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 05:10:29 am »

Well, in two weeks time.  Mrs. West and I will have been married 15 years.  Needless to say, my previous post was entirely based on historical data.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2003, 06:41:26 am »

AUGUSTWEST WRITES:
Quote
Well, in two weeks time. Mrs. West and I will have been married 15 years. Needless to say, my previous post was entirely based on historical data.


Congratulations Mr. West, that's quite an accomplishment.  What is 15 years BTW, isn't that Balsa Wood or Oragami?

Sorry, i'm jealous and bitter because I just Lost my Girlfriend of 6 years.

~Paul[/b]
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2003, 01:19:46 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the 15th is the Vodka anniversary.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up