Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grappa - 11/22/2004  (Read 4626 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jay!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2004, 04:44:10 pm »

I guess that not shooting Beef has rescued Pat from being tried for the same crime twice, and therefore starring in a terrible Sean Connery film.

And I think the roller skate is thematically significant:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09162002
Logged
Adjö!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2004, 04:57:48 pm »

That was Mr. I's point, I believe. He was using internet shorthand.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doctor Vendetta

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2004, 06:17:54 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I was thinking the same thing as Cort, yeah: is it even slightly fatal for a stuffed animal to be shot? I mean, they don't really have organs or anything, and note how bloodless the wounds are compared to, say, Beef's first shooting.

Either Way, Mr. Bear's blazer is ruined...
Logged
Watch your arms, Kong

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2004, 06:50:34 pm »

Yeah, that roller skate was just a sign of portent.

Maybe every character will be accidentally shot at some time or another.  I mean, it happens in real life - may as well reflect that in art.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 07:50:14 pm »

Quote from: "MT"
Is the roller skate now the Achewood equivalent of the Godfather orange?


It's always been.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2004, 10:51:44 pm »

I can't be the only one who had to look this up:

prandial: of or relating to a meal
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2004, 11:01:07 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I can't be the only one who had to look this up:

prandial: of or relating to a meal


C'mon dude - they even refer to mints as "postprandial breath fresheners."

If you had watched Star Trek 4 (as assigned) you would have known that "post-prandial upper-abdominal distention" is the medical term for "cramps."

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2004, 03:50:08 am »

Quote from: "jough"


C'mon dude - they even refer to mints as "postprandial breath fresheners."



They do? I don't really buy mints... maybe that's why I'm still single. Is it just the fancy-schmancy ones, or does it show up even on the plebeian mints like Certs?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2004, 04:44:09 am »

Yeah, it actually took me a moment to recognize "prandial" without its familiar prefix.  But I can assure you that I have indeed watched more than adequate amounts of Star Trek.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2004, 05:22:31 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Yeah, it actually took me a moment to recognize "prandial" without its familiar prefix.  But I can assure you that I have indeed watched more than adequate amounts of Star Trek.


I never would have pegged you as a Trekker.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2004, 06:59:04 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I never would have pegged you as a Trekker.


Hmm, she wouldn't be my first choice for Trekkers here, but she'd be in the top, say, 7.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2004, 01:09:26 pm »

Recovering Trekker, guys.  Be gentle.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Grappa - 11/22/2004
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2004, 02:18:56 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I never would have pegged you as a Trekker.


Hmm, she wouldn't be my first choice for Trekkers here, but she'd be in the top, say, 7.

I'm going to need this broken down in list form, please.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up