Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't help it - Apologies in advance  (Read 6723 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Can't help it - Apologies in advance
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 11:28:06 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Oh,  nope.  I didn't know those existed, although the Misfits have succeeded in puttin their logo on damn near everything else, which is one of the reasons I think they are so lame.  I can't find a picture of my shoes exactly, but they're a low-top version of the "punk skull" shoes here.

They have, in some respects, attempted to maximize their exposure in order to increase revenue, it is true. I'm more of a "Little Glendon"-era Misfits fan, of course.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Can't help it - Apologies in advance
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2004, 02:57:24 am »

Oh my god, I had forgotten all about Vision Street Wear.  I used to own a pair of these back when I used to skate a lot:

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Can't help it - Apologies in advance
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2004, 05:25:02 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Oh my god, I had forgotten all about Vision Street Wear.  I used to own a pair of these back when I used to skate a lot:


Cripes. I'm amazed at what I used to skate in (regular trainers). Now I hate even walking in anything less than my lovely Globes.
Plus it lets me yell 'Hey, check out my Globes' lots.

Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Can't help it - Apologies in advance
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2004, 07:00:03 am »

I'm assuming Globes are a hip and/or trendy brand of trainers/sneakers?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Can't help it - Apologies in advance
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2004, 02:09:52 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm assuming Globes are a hip and/or trendy brand of trainers/sneakers?


I don't know about hip and trendy. Not that many people have them over here which is a part of why I like them. They are skat shoes though, and these ones are designed by Rodney Mullen. He's a freestyle skater - less of the straight street/vert stuff, and more like freestyle BMX but on a board. He sickens me! But anyway, they are ncredibly comfortable, and I wouldn't skate in anything less. Which probably means I ought go and skate again.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Can't help it - Apologies in advance
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2004, 04:38:50 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I didn't know those existed, although the Misfits have succeeded in puttin their logo on damn near everything else, which is one of the reasons I think they are so lame.

Quote from: "slink"
I don't know about hip and trendy. Not that many people have them over here which is a part of why I like them.

Danger . . . danger . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Can't help it - Apologies in advance
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2004, 07:28:24 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
They are skat shoes...


Ewwwwww!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Can't help it - Apologies in advance
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2004, 09:46:54 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "slink"
They are skat shoes...


Ewwwwww!



DOHETH!
But hey, it saves making sure I walk round the dog crap on the way to my car!
Badoom ch'.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Skillator

  • Guest
Hate to bring this away from shoes and back to Pirates...
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 07:49:12 pm »

Where I live we have a classy little burger chain called White Spot and their kids meal is called a Pirate pack. It comes in a boat with a chocolate coin, ice cream and your other food. It's truly awesome and for a kid growing up it kicks a ninja burgers against the wall, shoots it with a musket and leaves it to the sharks in briny deep any day.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up