Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breakthroughs  (Read 7729 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Breakthroughs
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 07:17:47 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
they bled like stuck pigs all the way to the Health Center


That is an awesome image, meaning you going to the Health Center with pigs stuck in your hand.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Breakthroughs
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2004, 08:56:23 pm »

Ack. Glad it wasn't worse.
Thank you though, for at least proving to me that my, at one time irrational fear of microwaving coffee is well founded. I have known of microwaves superheating things for years*, and so every time I saw someone stick their coffee in the microwave I'd whine and hide.


*It's the kind of thing my mother has a similar fear of, and she imparted the info when I was about 7 or 8. She used to hate making tablet, in fear of the sugar superheating, though I fully understand why. At least coffee doesn't stick to the skin so.

[edit: unfrelled his UBB code so it displayed right - Cort]
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Breakthroughs
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2004, 09:23:47 pm »

As long as you leave a stirrer or chopstick in the cup you'll be fine. Especially if it's wood.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Breakthroughs
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2004, 11:03:09 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
She used to hate making tablet, in fear of the sugar superheating, though I fully understand why.

Mmm sorry, tablet? I was almost certain that was just a strange-looking word that I'd recognize once it was normal-sized, but no. What exactly is this in reference to?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Breakthroughs
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2004, 11:13:32 pm »

Man, I nuke the shit out of coffee all the time, boil water in a glass measuring cup and then add sugar and/or honey to it, etc.  I've never had a break and/or explosion.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Breakthroughs
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2004, 11:24:48 pm »

I've read about the nucleation site deal before. I've had problems with microwaves before as it is. I once put a plastic (travel) mug in a microwave, and watched as it burst into flame after about 30 seconds.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Breakthroughs
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2004, 11:40:12 pm »

It's been a few days, anyone make the ball lightning yet?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Breakthroughs
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2004, 11:49:27 pm »

Quote from: "William J. Beaty"
Just remember to shut it down before the advancing "lava flow" runs to the bottom of your oven and burns off the paint. Obviously this is somewhat dangerous as a demo. If you don't already know the hazards (such as trapped internal strains and high-velocity shrapnel), then messing with this procedure would be extremely Unwise.

No shit?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Breakthroughs
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2004, 12:51:39 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "slink"
She used to hate making tablet, in fear of the sugar superheating, though I fully understand why.

Mmm sorry, tablet? I was almost certain that was just a strange-looking word that I'd recognize once it was normal-sized, but no. What exactly is this in reference to?


I finally had to look this up. It's a traditional Scottish sweet (sounds rather fine, too)

Tablet Recipe in the appropriate forum.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Breakthroughs
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2004, 01:02:47 am »

I thought about looking it up, but I just enjoy the personal touch that asking provides. That having been said, it sounds delicious but a bit of work.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up