Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: favorite movies  (Read 12321 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
favorite movies
« on: August 01, 2003, 04:21:04 pm »

Well this topic looks so sad and empty, I thought I'd use it to have my first post on this glorious new board.  Of course, I only had about 2 posts on the old one, but this is a new beginning, which means something, I'm sure...  I just can't think of it now.  

So without further ado, what are everyone's favorite movies?  I will list mine, in no particular order

The Godfather I and II
The Royal Tenenbaums
High Fidelity
As Good As it Gets
Roman Holiday
The Seventh Seal
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
favorite movies
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 05:29:32 pm »

Well, I'll miss out loads probably, but yea no particular order...

Fight Club
Grosse Pointe Blank
Goodfellas
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
City of Lost Children

OK those are only the ones I could find here, there are loads more, older films etc that I'd class too.

[edited because I forgot to put High Fidelity on my list, having just watched it again, despite it being mentioned in the first post. Maybe I undermined it somehow in my head!?]
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
ya can't forget
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 10:27:05 pm »

Gotta have a python movie in the list somewhere.
Pink Floyd's The Wall maybe.
Awakenings
Dead poets society
White Christmas
The Court Jester(gotta love Danny Kaye)
Planet of the Apes(especially the ending all pounding the sand with his fists)
Logged

Vinz Clortho

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
favorite movies
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 12:31:51 am »

I'm going with

Blazing Saddles
Safe Men
The Goonies
Ghostbusters
It's a Wonderful Life
Young Frankenstein
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
favorite movies
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2003, 01:39:46 am »

Man, it's remarkably hard to make a list of my favorite movies that are actually good, but it's a lot easier to do "guilty pleasures/'wait, I don't think I'm supposed to like this'" movies:

Fifth Element
(Kids in the Hall's) Brain Candy
Manos: Hands of Fate
Mystery Men
the South Park movie

I will confess to having once enjoyed "Bio-Dome," but I was severely sleep-deprived at the time.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
favorite movies
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 02:07:41 am »

I agree with many that have mentioned.  Let me add a few:

Patton
Lawrence of Arabia
Pulp Fiction
Night on Earth
Best in Show
Animal House
Office Space
Brazil
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
favorite movies
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 02:08:06 am »

Probably in some sort of subconsciously telling order:

Seven Samurai
The Godfather
Rushmore
Rashomon
Mulholland Dr.
Vertigo
Deconstructing Harry
Die Hard
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
favorite movies
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2003, 03:01:47 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, it's remarkably hard to make a list of my favorite movies that are actually good, but it's a lot easier to do "guilty pleasures/'wait, I don't think I'm supposed to like this'" movies:

Fifth Element
(Kids in the Hall's) Brain Candy
Manos: Hands of Fate
Mystery Men
the South Park movie

I will confess to having once enjoyed "Bio-Dome," but I was severely sleep-deprived at the time.

Please tell me you mean the MST3K version of Manos: The Hands of Fate.

(Aside: I once saw a car with plates that said TORGO. That was hilarious)
Logged

Vinz Clortho

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
favorite movies
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2003, 03:36:47 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Please tell me you mean the MST3K version of Manos: The Hands of Fate.

(Aside: I once saw a car with plates that said TORGO. That was hilarious)


When I happened across the Manos Diner in Elmira, New York, I crowed my delight as I whipped into a u-turn.  No Torgo, though, everyone was pretty average. Food was pretty good, too.

The trip later to the restroom--not so good.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
favorite movies
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2003, 05:00:56 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote

Manos: Hands of Fate

Please tell me you mean the MST3K version of Manos: The Hands of Fate.

(Aside: I once saw a car with plates that said TORGO. That was hilarious)

The MST version is a non-guilty pleasure. But, well... there's a part of my heart that has affection for a movie made on about ten bucks and with a cast of earnest no-talent "actors" that, yes, is a flaming train wreck of a film, but a flaming train wreck filled with kittens. I can't get too angry at it.

(Further aside: I have a friend whose private secret goal, his equivalent to Beef and Ray's rap company, is to write a script for a modern Manos remake. I'm not sure how to feel about the whole concept.)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
favorite movies
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2003, 05:09:28 am »

There's a cool site that allows you to list your favourite films and have people post comments about your list.  The things people comment on is actually pretty hilarious:

YMMV


Oops! - Fixed the link.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
favorite movies
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2003, 02:36:03 pm »

damn, did TOUAMB slashdot the link you half-posted already, jough? 403.9 error, too many connections to server!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
sorry about the double post. completely different issue now.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2003, 03:33:21 pm »

Oh! that's right! Favorite movies! In no order!

The Princess Bride (yay andre)
Shadow of the Vampire (all hail willem dafoe)
Gauge - Babysitter_3.wmv (indie short)
Toto, le Hero (fr., sp?)
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (anything by gilliam)
Bottle Rocket (tlm!)
Dancer in the Dark (bjork!)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
favorite movies
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2003, 06:23:45 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
damn, did TOUAMB slashdot the link you half-posted already, jough? 403.9 error, too many connections to server!


ymdb.com is a pretty busy site. Just force reload after a few seconds.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
favorite movies
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2003, 09:07:02 pm »

citizen kane

aliens

grosse pointe blank

blade runner  (original version)

duck soup

dolemite II: the human tornado (original version)

office space

dazed and confused

crouching tiger hidden dragon

goodfellas

this is spinal tap
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up