Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th  (Read 11603 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« on: November 26, 2004, 08:43:37 am »

Ha, I'm a fan of this one. It doesn't strike me as really "Achewoodian," mainly because I'm hearing Dr. Andretti as having a voice that doesn't really exist yet, sort of a dead-pan cynic.
Also: Zyrelax is not a real drug.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 09:26:59 am »

Please tell me that you didn't have to Google for info about a drug that cures "piss shiver."

Franz.

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 02:53:03 pm »

Hahaha. Instant classic.

It has cured me of rereading the old strips and thinking, Hmmm, are they that good anymore?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 03:33:28 pm »

I think Doc Andretti's two lines - "A mustache?" and "Newspaper?" make it for me. Also, the rest is cool.
Ah, sweet bizarrity.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 03:38:03 pm »

So wait, is piss shiver one of those things that we have to explain to women that we'd otherwise just assumed they knew about?
Logged

Franz.

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 03:48:00 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
So wait, is piss shiver one of those things that we have to explain to women that we'd otherwise just assumed they knew about?


Actually, I'm kind of surprised (and a little relieved) that it isn't just me who experiences this. I mean, how often is one confronted with this phenomenon in another guy? In my case, never.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 04:14:09 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
So wait, is piss shiver one of those things that we have to explain to women that we'd otherwise just assumed they knew about?


A resounding yes.
Logged
goose means greedy

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 05:20:13 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So wait, is piss shiver one of those things that we have to explain to women that we'd otherwise just assumed they knew about?


A resounding yes.


I thought I knew what that was (also called pee shivers), but then again it's never made me piss all over the floor.  That usually happens due to blockage or drunken bad aim.  So I looked it up on WebMD and, strangely, nothing.  So I googled it.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=410866

Complete with search strategies.

Apparently I don't have as bad of a case of it as Ray does.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 06:13:37 pm »

Quote from: "The Pee Expert"
They pass out at the urinal when their autonomic system cues a drop in blood pressure!


Good Christ. I Don't really shiver when I pee anymore; not sure why but I think maybe I've just become accustomed to the autonomic nerve signal load or something.

Passing out and waking up in a puddle of your own pee with a mouthful of urinal cake and some broken teeth sounds pretty unpleasant, though. If it's that bad, you would think Ray would just sit down.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 06:22:46 pm »

I certainly can't say I have ever experienced this. Even when the bathroom is absolutely freezing-fuck*ng-cold. I stop shivering while doing other such things.
Bizarre. What a week. I learn about drivethru banks and piss shivers.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 06:23:37 pm »

Best part of this strip: Ray's desperate need to make up this impromptu story about the guy with the fake mustache who uses other people's bathrooms. Wow. Just... wow.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 06:40:52 pm »

I occasionally shiver afterwards. I thought people were aware of this just because of pop-culture references. I know I've seen it in a Rating.

[time passes]

Here it its. But I can't link it because it's in the book.

Quote from: "Lore"
Styrofoam cups just feel wrong, as if someone distilled chalk-squeaking and piss-shiver into physical form and stacked it next to the decaf.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2004, 07:15:19 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I certainly can't say I have ever experienced this. Even when the bathroom is absolutely freezing-fuck*ng-cold. I stop shivering while doing other such things.
Bizarre. What a week. I learn about drivethru banks and piss shivers.


I guess you don't have drive thru banks in the UK? How about drive-up ATMs?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 07:18:21 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Bizarre. What a week. I learn about drivethru banks and piss shivers.


I really enjoy the implication that the latter is also a North American phenomenon.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 07:35:32 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I certainly can't say I have ever experienced this. Even when the bathroom is absolutely freezing-fuck*ng-cold. I stop shivering while doing other such things.
Bizarre. What a week. I learn about drivethru banks and piss shivers.

Do you at least have drive through pharmacies? What about restaurants with curb-side pickup?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up