Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th  (Read 11574 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 08:52:33 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Do you at least have drive through pharmacies? What about restaurants with curb-side pickup?


No.
And, yes, McDonald's.
McDonald's is about the only place I know of over here that does drivethru. The only ATM I have seen that I could consider a drive to one, you're not actually supposed to park right next to, but we all do.
But apart from that, we just don't do the whole drivethru thing. No drivethru pharmacies (I can't tell if you were just taking the piss or not... you really have those? It kind of makes sense, but then we always have to wait so long for them to get our drugs that it probably wouldn't work out here).

And well, the only thing I could, at first, consider a mention of piss shivers over here, was when my mate was convinced he was going to die because his testacles started twitching. Piss shivers is just a whole new phenomenon for me.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2004, 09:21:21 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Do you at least have drive through pharmacies? What about restaurants with curb-side pickup?


No.
And, yes, McDonald's.
McDonald's is about the only place I know of over here that does drivethru. The only ATM I have seen that I could consider a drive to one, you're not actually supposed to park right next to, but we all do.
But apart from that, we just don't do the whole drivethru thing. No drivethru pharmacies (I can't tell if you were just taking the piss or not... you really have those? It kind of makes sense, but then we always have to wait so long for them to get our drugs that it probably wouldn't work out here).

Curbside is different than McDonald's. It's when you call what's normally a sit-down restaurant ahead of time and order food. You drive up and park and they run out with your food and take your cash/credit card. It's become very popular at large chains like Outback and Macaroni Grill.

The pharmacies (which are real) work much the same way just not with new prescriptions or places you've never been before. You phone in a refill  then drive up to a window to pick up the actual drugs. Since you've been there before they already have all your personal and insurance info in their computer, including how many refills you have left. You just have to call 15 minutes or more before actually driving up.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2004, 10:57:57 pm »

Well shit, Slink, don't tell me you don't have drive-thru liquor stores over there. That's a shame. We had a couple in Anchorage, though they eventually closed. I know there are other states that have them, though.

Also, I never get piss-shiver, so when I read about it in the Straight Dope (and here), I just had to imagine.

And isn't Ray a bundle of incongruities? He could buy and sell these people (cats). It would have been amusing to see him say something like "Yeah, I pissed all over the floor, Doc. You should be happy I didn't pee in the middle of the waiting room, dammit."
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2004, 11:38:40 pm »

Slink- we have drive through almost everything here.

There are drive through wedding chapels, drive through funeral parlors, drive-in movies, every fast food place, some not so fast (like Outback Steakhouse and Chili's, almost every bank has 2-3 drive-up windows and a drive up ATM, drive up coffe kiosks, pharmacies, and some motels let you drive up to a window, pay, get your keys and drive around to your room.

It's a car society!

not joking about the wedding chapels and funeral parlors, either...
Logged

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2004, 12:48:23 am »

Quote from: "miles"
I thought I knew what that was (also called pee shivers), but then again it's never made me piss all over the floor.  That usually happens due to blockage or drunken bad aim.  So I looked it up on WebMD and, strangely, nothing.  So I googled it. [snip ... er ... cut ...er, leave out the rest]


Thanks. As a member of the Ladies' Auxiliary, I had no idea. I mean, as an avid camper (read: getting drunk and stoned in state parks), I did learn how to pee standing up (it is possible), but I attributed the shivers to the night chill hitting my gluteus broadicus, not to orthostatic phenomena.

I'm still worried about Beef, though. Assuming Lyle kept the chamber (or clip) full, there are still some rounds left in that gun. Did anyone think to check on him? The absence of blogging makes me wonder.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2004, 05:15:39 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

drive through funeral parlors


But... But...
Weird!
And Nabu, I always thought the idea of drive through liquir was bizarre. Like being able to buy liquor at gas stations. I can understand why, but something about it just doesn't quite work out for me. Then again, I would be fairly happy (except for good whisky and Corona) to see alcohol outlawed tomorrow.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2004, 05:40:14 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Well shit, Slink, don't tell me you don't have drive-thru liquor stores over there. That's a shame. We had a couple in Anchorage, though they eventually closed. I know there are other states that have them, though.

Also, I never get piss-shiver, so when I read about it in the Straight Dope (and here), I just had to imagine.


I believe Arizona has drive-thru liqour stores.  You can also buy liqour in the grocery store down there.  In Washington and Utah, the other places I've lived, you have to buy booze in a state liqour store.  In Utah, you can't even get wine in a grocery store.  Although the Summum religion, based in Salt Lake City, is able to manafacture and sell wine, although apparently they call it nectar.

I should have known Straight Dope would have had something on it.  I think I get the piss shiver about 10% of the time, and only after a serious piss.  You know, the kind that's about as good as a typical orgasm.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2004, 06:31:02 am »

We had drive through beer stores in Ohio but for hard liquor you had to go to the state store. I think they've gotten away from that.

In Illinois and here in Hawaii, it's every kind of beer and booze in the supermarkets and gas stations.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2004, 06:59:18 am »

Yeah, the state of Pennsylvania is the largest purchaser of liquor in the world, since all hard hooch is sold in state stores, and we're a bunch of lushes here.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2004, 07:03:58 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
We had drive through beer stores in Ohio but for hard liquor you had to go to the state store.


Well, here in Wyoming we have honest to God drive through liquor stores. Not just beer, but such as Ten High and vodka items as well. I always assumed that was the norm until Garrison Keilor paid a visit to Laramie one time and did a little monologue about what a strange place Wyoming was. He seemed totally shocked that there were drive through _liquor_ stores.

Anyway, my stepfather informs me Wyoming has nothing on Louisiana, where apperently do they not only have drive through liquor stores, but you can also purchase coctails through drive through. This would have been about 20 years ago, but still. That's kinda fucked up.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2004, 07:38:37 am »

I've seen drive-through daiquiri establishments in Louisiana as a fairly regular fixture. There was some discussion of upcoming difficulties with changes to open-container laws (given as Louisiana's current open-container laws are remarkably drinkin'-while-drivin'-friendly) which might endanger them, but no word on that yet.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2004, 07:40:46 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Yeah, the state of Pennsylvania is the largest purchaser of liquor in the world, since all hard hooch is sold in state stores, and we're a bunch of lushes here.

And you people can't even buy beer at 7-11. The concept of Beer Distributors still weirds me out. Bars selling 6-packs even more so. In Virginia our bars only have ABC-on licenses (Alcoholic Beverage Commission-on premisis). Anything above 6% or so has be sold at state-run ABC stores, which just this year started having Sunday hours.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2004, 08:14:51 am »

In regards to liquor establishments, it took me a really long time to remember that they don't just sell Jack Daniels in drug stores in New York, like they do at home. This, for the first few weeks of college, made a lot of people think I was an asshole when they said, "Man, I wish I had beer/whiskey/libations," and I said, "Wait, there's a 24-hour CVS down the street! KICKASS!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2004, 01:59:05 pm »

Good god, Bozack, that's ridiculous.
Moving from Ontario to Quebec impressed me enough since I'm close enough to their drinking age that it's not been a problem, and can thusly get beer, all the way up to horrible horrible forties of ten-percent, in the dep across the street, and wine in the supermarket.  
But for liquor, yeah, have to go to the gov't-owned SAQ which is alllways on strike and more likely to check my ID.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2004, 02:21:14 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
drive through funeral parlors


I need to make sure that I die in Hawaii, now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up