Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE  (Read 4922 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« on: November 29, 2004, 05:46:29 am »

I actually really, really like this one, and would totally get it, if I began to shit nuggets of the purest gold.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 12:57:37 pm »

Yeah, this is my fave so far also.
Logged
goose means greedy

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 01:09:42 pm »

Yes, I want it. 4 days is a long time, though. This one will get expensive.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 04:22:34 pm »

I would buy it for what it is selling for right now, but it'll probably be four or five hundred dollars. I want to, and if I wasn't married I would. But I have responsibilities now. Damn you, responsibilities.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 10:20:27 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I actually really, really like this one, and would totally get it, if I began to shit nuggets of the purest gold.


i don't think pay pal is down with gold shit nugs
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 01:46:00 am »

The second one I would buy, but my favourite yet too.
I would, if I had any money. Well, no... Enough and more obviously!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 02:20:30 am »

Whenever I see this topic in my head I hear the title read like the old Muppet Show skit. BEEF . . . IN SPAAAAACE!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 04:31:40 am »

Over this past weekend several facts that should have been linked together in my brain finally coalesced. There are a couple references to Beef and Moussaka: in his fight with Molly, he was outed as sneaking Moussaka into a movie theatre; and when he finally got the brass to lay the "law and the lash" upon Gramma K, he was originally making Moussaka.

I look over the previous two sentences and realize that I've capitalized Moussaka; rather than correct this, I will simply carry it on as if Moussaka was a proper noun. As it should be.

Anyway, I realized that Beef had an affinity for Moussaka; it never really clicked in my head that Beef is Greek ("Kazenzakis"). Finally, after a viewing of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I realized; Beef is Greek and maybe his insecurities come as a result of a culture clash.

It also helps cast Showbiz in a different light; the stereotypical sleazy Greek with ponytail and chest-mat a-blazin' a la various SNL skits really comes to life knowing that Showbiz is Hellenic.

Does Gramma K have an accent? Is she Greek or only Grandpa K?

ok enough rambling for now
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 04:43:59 am »

Good Catch, O Ye of 2 congruent sides + 2 congruent angles!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 02:00:23 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
It also helps cast Showbiz in a different light; the stereotypical sleazy Greek with ponytail and chest-mat a-blazin' a la various SNL skits really comes to life knowing that Showbiz is Hellenic.

So what you're saying is that you like-ah da juice?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 05:49:42 pm »

No fries - chips!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 10:37:45 pm »

No Coke - a-Pepsi!

Everyone go to the Billy Goat Tavern downtown Chicago. That was the place where they got the idea for that skit.

Don't go to the ripoff one that's away from downtown.
Logged

fuddes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
    • http://dailyramblings.com
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 10:48:54 pm »

I really dislike this painting.  It's not in color and it really has no interesting background.  You'd think since Onstad's making a fortune off these things, that he'd actually take time to paint something that takes more than ten minutes.
Logged
Humor columns and other stuff:
http://www.dailyramblings.com

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 11:22:44 pm »

It's a free market. Don't bid on it if you don't like it, but if he's making money doing what he does, why would he change it because you don't like it?

If I were you, I'd go ahead and contact Onstad and commission a piece to your liking. Then you can feel good about spending your own mad dollars on a piece with color and everything.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2004, 11:49:53 pm »

Indeed. The painting isn't my style but criticizing if for being in black and white is like bitching about poems that don't rhyme.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up