Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE  (Read 4918 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2004, 11:58:38 pm »

Seriously. Besides, I don't think color would have added anything; Beef is gray, space is pretty much straight-up black and white...

I admire it for the composition, which Onstad obviously has a greater understanding of than he did when he started this mad eBay enterprise.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 12:31:56 am »

I always liked "You people turn everything into turds."

I'm not 100% sure it was exactly that, but I just died. I so, so, so wish I had all those thread-lock posts somewhere. They were so good.


I'm starting to think that we're getting to a financial situation where I could get involved with one of these - or (dare I say it)  . . . damn, I've forgotten the word.

Had to fall back on ADawg - I could commision something. I wish those old fried-egg TV ads weren't so true.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 04:47:28 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I wish those old fried-egg TV ads weren't so true.


"I've been off my face on acid, I've seen unicorns flying down from the sky in pyramid shaped UFO's, but not once, have I looked at an egg and thought it was my brain!"

That said, I know all too well what you mean. At least if I didn't smoke pot I wouldn't look like a statistic.

I hope I get insane money soon, for I would love to have a commissioned piece adorning the wall of one of my many rooms!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 01:16:37 am »

It's a great piece and I'm surprised it's not going for more.  Anyone who thinks Chris can't draw should check out the elegant "Little Nemo" style of the painting.  I wish I was cash flush.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 02:13:40 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I wish those old fried-egg TV ads weren't so true.


"I've been off my face on acid, I've seen unicorns flying down from the sky in pyramid shaped UFO's, but not once, have I looked at an egg and thought it was my brain!"


"I don't know, maybe I wasn't getting good shit. Where's the shit that makes eggs look like brains, man? Is that CIA stash or something?"
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
New Painting- BEEF IN SPACE
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 02:24:42 am »

Quote from: "Mr Trout"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I wish those old fried-egg TV ads weren't so true.


"I've been off my face on acid, I've seen unicorns flying down from the sky in pyramid shaped UFO's, but not once, have I looked at an egg and thought it was my brain!"


"I don't know, maybe I wasn't getting good shit. Where's the shit that makes eggs look like brains, man? Is that CIA stash or something?"


"Why would they put a jar on a car? Shit, I dunno. What's that? Oh, it's an egg! Oh, great, we're not that high yet! When this turns into a brain, we're getting a hotel room."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up