Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Poll

I/We are currently pregnant

Yes
- 3 (18.8%)
No
- 1 (6.3%)
Trying
- 2 (12.5%)
Avoiding
- 10 (62.5%)
"We might be pregnant but we're not really sure at the moment?"
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: November 30, 2004, 11:59:58 pm


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean up and a Question  (Read 11895 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2004, 10:35:46 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I confess I'm curious, on "avoiding," what percentage of those avoiding were.. er... how do I put this... temporary vs. permanent in that regard. I chose it, but I'll probably have kids at some point; I'm just, well, in college right now, and thus it's infeasible. You get where I'm coming from, I'm sure.

I, obviously, am avoiding permanently.


Ditto. I'm pretty sure I'm on permanent avoidance.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2004, 01:49:43 pm »

Quite permanently.  I'd like another puppy again someday, but that's it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2004, 02:53:03 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
How come no poll option for "We might be pregnant but we're not really sure at the moment?"


I'd say that falls under the category of "Trying".  Or, you could just be optimistic and vote "Yes"!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2004, 04:31:42 pm »

Permanent avoidance.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2004, 05:19:27 pm »

I probably should have put down "permanent avoidance," even though I want kids someday: there's a running joke among my siblings that I'm just going to keep dating people "until the condom breaks," at which point I'll get married, have kids, go bald, etc.

I just want to reiterate that my FAMILY makes jokes about how I'm going to get some girl PREGNANT.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2004, 05:24:04 pm »

That's fantastic! I was thinking permanent avoidance in terms of 'it simply will not happen' - not 'I'm waiting until later'.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2004, 06:15:13 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"

I like your family.  I think all family should basically be merciless on each other after a certain point.

I have a urologist and I'm not afraid to use him!


After a point? You mean, not from the start?

I have to say I have on a good few occasions thought about the ol' snip. But for some reason I don't. I guess I kind of feel like if I did everything would work out - I'd be happy and well adjusted, the world would make me happy enough to bring a child into it &c. But not even that thought makes me want to go and have bits of me fucked with.
Hell, I tend to hang onto the thought that well, I'm probably infertile anyway.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2004, 06:21:57 pm »

Heh heh.  I just noticed that the first two words in this thread title are "Sticky:poll".  Heh heh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2004, 08:46:20 pm »

Can't you get vascetomys reversed?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2004, 08:58:43 pm »

Not all of them can be, I don't think - it depends what exact procedure they use.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2004, 09:00:21 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Not all of them can be, I don't think - it depends what exact procedure they use.


I'm pretty sure the "Two Bricks" method is permanent.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2004, 09:02:00 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Can't you get vascetomys reversed?


Not only that, but sometimes they spontaneously reverse themselves.  Same for tubal ligation, which is why some IUD manufacturers can accurately claim that their product is even more effective than surgical sterilization.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 09:25:48 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Can't you get vascetomys reversed?

Basically what Asherdan said. A vasectomy is a simple procedure with very small risk. And in-and-out kind of thing. While a reversal carries a lot more risk and a much higher probability of failure.

They're kind of like tattoos that way.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2004, 09:26:56 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Can't you get vascetomys reversed?

Basically what Asherdan said. A vasectomy is a simple procedure with very small risk. And in-and-out kind of thing. While a reversal carries a lot more risk and a much higher probability of failure.

They're kind of like tattoos that way.

And in the way that they make people want to have sex with you more.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Clean up and a Question
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2004, 09:39:08 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Can't you get vascetomys reversed?

Basically what Asherdan said. A vasectomy is a simple procedure with very small risk. And in-and-out kind of thing. While a reversal carries a lot more risk and a much higher probability of failure.

They're kind of like tattoos that way.

And in the way that they make people want to have sex with you more.

Coulda fooled me.  I've got a tattoo and a vasectomy and I ain't getting any.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up