Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling all breakfasts.  (Read 10868 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2004, 09:17:45 pm »

M-39, Government Attorney.

I generally eat breakfast about half the time.  I generally eat in the truck on the way to work.  I get Egg + Breakfast meat (bacon, sausage or the surprisingly tasty bologna) sandwiches sometimes.  Other times I get Pop Tarts.  Sometimes I grab a bagel or a tube of yogurt.  I generally wash it down with a Diet Mountain Dew.

When I was doing Atkins I was eating two packets of that thin-sliced Chicken or Turkey for breakfast.

Weekends I'll usually eat an everything bagel + cream cheese on Saturday.  Sunday I make bacon and eggs for the family.

I like breakfast food, but I'm not a big breakfast eater.  My stomach doesn't fully awake until about 11.  I had a ham and cheese omelet at Waffle House for lunch today.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2004, 09:32:38 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I had a ham and cheese omelet at Waffle House for lunch today.


Mmmmm, that's what I always get at the Awful House.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2004, 09:43:07 pm »

Five days a week, my breakfast is cereal (Life this morning, raisin bran and frosted mini-wheats are other common varieties), coffee and possibly half of a grapefruit (no sugar) while checking my email and reading this board.  My boss is rarely in before 10am, and even if I get to the lab at 9:30 I usually beat everyone else, so there's no need to rush.  Despite this, I only cook real breakfasts on the weekends (scrambled eggs and whatever is handy, especially chorizo, most often).  This is surprising, as breakfast is potentially the only good thing about morning, and growing up it was fairly common to have scrambled eggs w/ bacon or crepe-like pancakes (skinny pancakes, as mom called them) for dinner.

Like I said, I work in a lab.  I'm a post-doctoral researcher (more pay than being a grad student, but basically still cheap labor for a professor) in my early thirties, currently stuck in the middle of nowhere, aka Rolla, MO.  

All this talk about breakfast makes me think it’s time for more coffee...
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2004, 09:50:32 pm »

My daily breakfast is either a 20 oz. Cherry Coke or Mountain Dew. About once a week I'll eat some frosted shredded wheat right out of the box.

Basically I can't stand breakfast foods. Waffles and pancakes and such just taste so wrong.

[Edit: New rank, bitches!]
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2004, 09:59:20 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"


I can vouch for wombat's clafoutis.


Yes!  In this thread.

Despite this recipe I am not a breakfast person.  Today I had a frozen waffle (Eggo, Buttermilk flavor) and made tea (from real loose tea leaves, Darjeeling Gold Tips) and put it in a travel cup and drank it in the car (VW New Beetle, green) on the way to my volunteer job picking up reptile poop at the zoo.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2004, 09:59:47 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
[Edit: New rank, bitches!]


Excellent!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2004, 10:00:46 pm »

I was going to comment on Carlos' post (The Mayor) - but oh my word! Congratulations on quite an accomplishment!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 01:02:32 am »

m, 73, marketing director.

taco bell: grilled stuft beef burrito w/o fiesta sauce and a large mountain dew.  i was in a hurry.

ETA: actually, i'm 37.  i just feel 73 sometimes.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 01:27:20 am »

73?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2004, 01:53:50 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
taco bell: grilled stuft beef burrito w/o fiesta sauce and a large mountain dew.  i was in a hurry.


Ohhhh dang. The grilled stuft is the bizzity-bomb.
Today, the first thing I ate was pad thai, around 2:00 pm. I actually was going to go to a French all-night breakfast place when I went on a walk at around 3 in the morning, but I didn't have my book with me. I ate with my friend Shannon and talked about how she used to be goth. Not all that interesting.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 02:08:40 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
73?

I was just sitting here thinking "cool!"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2004, 02:33:07 am »

Hey, I had a Taco Bell Chicken Fajita Grilled Stuft (yes "Stuft") Burrito for lunch today.

It was OK.  I've had a Taco Bell jones since they've been running the commercials for those things.  Glad that's out of the way.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2004, 02:50:19 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
m, 73, marketing director.

taco bell: grilled stuft beef burrito w/o fiesta sauce and a large mountain dew.  i was in a hurry.

What, Taco Bell's many breakfast items weren't good enough for your? No, you had to be a big man and order of the lunch menu. You make me sick.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 04:25:03 am »

Point out the many breakfast items, please.

Ever since Drive-Thru Lobster closed, I've been unable to get the Big Man Breakfast Special ( three scrambled eggs on top of a broiled two-pound lobster ), so I've had to go elsewhere to have my big-mannish needs satisfied.  And I am a big man.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 05:10:47 am »

Man, drive-through lobster? Hot, hot damn.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up