Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling all breakfasts.  (Read 10850 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2004, 05:30:12 am »

I just imagined a theme song.

"Where can you go
For a lobster on the go?
It's drive! Thru! Lobster!

Where is your station
When you're achin'
For crustacean?
IT'S DRIVE! THRU! LOB STERRR"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2004, 06:15:32 am »

Bozack? It's 1 AM. You've already made my Thursday. Thank you. Thank you so.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2004, 07:50:31 am »

Quite. Well, OK, it's 8am here. But I've been trying to work out what the tune I'm singing it to myself (in my head) is. It is so perfect for it, but I cannot for the life of me remember where it came from.

If nothing else you could probably fit it well to a Ren and Stimpy style jingle.
Great. I'm now going to spend the day singing both Log, and Don't Whizz on the Electric Fence.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2004, 01:42:52 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Point out the many breakfast items, please.

?! Taco Bells around here all serve breakfast. They open at like 6 and have steak + egg burritos with coffee and such.

Also, here's the required link for the Breakfast Menu. The first time I read this I almost fell out of my chair.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2004, 02:05:41 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
?! Taco Bells around here all serve breakfast. They open at like 6 and have steak + egg burritos with coffee and such.


THEY DO?!?  WHICH ONES, MAN?!!!

When I lived in Albuquerque, the Taco Bells there served breakfast.  You could get a smallish burrito with sausage, egg, potatoes, and cheese, for like 79 cents.  Frikkin' awesome.  When I moved back east, I walked into a Taco Bell in Petersburg, Virginia at 9 AM and asked for breakfast.  I thought they were going to call the asylum and have them send a truck over.

If NoVa Taco Bells serve breakfast, this is a life-changing event.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2004, 03:00:21 pm »

The ones in Reston/Herndon definitely serve breakfast. And I'm pretty sure the one on Wilson + Courthouse does. I know people at work get breakfast from others but I'm not sure which ones. For a while they all had window-clings that advertised breakfast but those seem to have come down.

The other popular one is that Philadelphia Mike's started serving breakfast at Taco Bell-esque prices which is awesome. The problem is that I only know of two locations and neither is on my way into work.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2004, 05:50:34 pm »

Wow, that's weird.  No Taco Bells out here in CA serve breakfast items, at least none that I've seen.  Many of them have also merged with Pizza Hut, but unless you consider an individual pan pizza part of a nutritious breakfast, you're still S.O.L.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2004, 07:43:56 pm »

I think it's also weird that you can go to Taco Bell and get whatever off the menu at breakfast time when none of the items are breakfast items....

I sometimes get the McDonalds Breakfast Burritos. They are OK in a gross kind of way and with enough hot sauce.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2004, 08:01:26 pm »

Is Del Taco another fast food chain?  We don't have them up here.

It's hard to find ANY fast food place in the Philly area that has breakfast at any reasonable time.  Most of the McDonalds have breakfast until 11AM, but most of the burger kings stop breakfast at 10, and the one closest to me only has breakfast from 7-9AM.  That's quite a narrow little window.

If I owned a McDonald's franchise I'd have all menu items available all the time (although you might have to wait five minutes to get an egg mcmuffin at 5PM).

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2004, 08:02:22 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Limmo"

Also, here's the required link for the Breakfast Menu. The first time I read this I almost fell out of my chair.


I laughed so hard my head hurts.  Seriously, I have to go lie down.

Good stuff.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2004, 09:21:15 pm »

That makes sense but what about Burger King? A couple years ago they started advertising lunch anytime. I guess to target people like me who get hungry while travelling but can't stand McMuffins or crasanwiches.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2004, 09:25:55 pm »

In college I would often eat at Sonic because they were one of the only fast food places who would cook a burger at 9:00AM.  They do breakfast now too, and you can get their full menu, breakfast and lunch, all day.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2004, 09:53:28 pm »

Asherdan, you sure do know a lot about fastfood.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2004, 10:10:35 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Asherdan, you sure do know a lot about fastfood.

I sometimes get the impression that everyone here knows everything about everything.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Calling all breakfasts.
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2004, 10:11:27 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Asherdan, you sure do know a lot about fastfood.

I sometimes get the impression that everyone here knows everything about everything.


I knew you were going to say that.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up