Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: How many times - 02/12/04  (Read 12836 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2004, 01:40:21 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Aren't we all being a bit harsh on Pat for being a racist? I'm not defending him - anything Pat Reynolds says or does is, by definition, wrong, evil and just fucked up. But by reading this thread, one might get the impression that Pat and Pat alone is a bigot. Need I remind you that Ray has said some pretty insulting things about Scottish Folds? I mean, if it's wrong for a cat to be racist against certain human ethnic groups, isn't it also wrong for a cat to be racist against other breeds of cats?


I just remember that they are non-existent cartoon cats and then I figure we aren't being harsh enough.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2004, 01:48:36 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I still haven't been to the new Wegman's in Sterling. My parents swear by it always seems to damned crowded. Plus it's like a half-hour away from my new place.


We were just there on Sunday.  It's nice in its way, and definitely a good store for a leisurely gourmet browsing rather than a workaday list-based grocery run.  Great bakery, good giraffe, an actual butcher counter, terrific selection of wine and cheese, decent produce.  And a wide selection natural/organic stuff.  

On the other hand, it ain't cheap.  Your money goes way farther at Giant, Safeway, or HT.  (Which, by the way, I agree is slightly more upscale than Giant or Safeway, but not so hoity-toity as Whole Foods.  I shopped at the HT on Glebe Rd. in Arlington often when I lived in that way, and I miss that store now.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2004, 02:31:25 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

and now the coup de grace:

http://mike.13th-floor.org/apache.mov

it may load slowly, but if someone can make avatars out of this I will be happy.

Specifically when the lead singer's eyes bug out and he laughs maniacally with his mouth wide open while hissing "APACHE!"


HOLY SHIT. LOVE ME LONG TIME, FAKE INDIAN!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2004, 04:20:10 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

and now the coup de grace:

http://mike.13th-floor.org/apache.mov

it may load slowly, but if someone can make avatars out of this I will be happy.

Specifically when the lead singer's eyes bug out and he laughs maniacally with his mouth wide open while hissing "APACHE!"


HOLY SHIT. LOVE ME LONG TIME, FAKE INDIAN!


http://www.student.ltu.se/%7Eperlin-2/buzzprylar/tommy_seebach_apache.mpeg for the mpeg version, if that's easier to still-frame

APACHEEEEEEEEEEEE!
YA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2004, 04:40:41 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

APACHEEEEEEEEEEEE!
YA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!


This is on some choreographer's CV, somewhere.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2004, 06:58:44 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I don't think anything as complicated as economics is involved. Everyone I've ever met who was racist was ignorant and scared and generally incapable of recognizing that their opinion was hateful and wrong. usually due to social support for the opinion.

Racism sucks.


I don't know either, just a theory I read that was interesting.  I mean, we all know racists that are dumb and ignorant, but not all racists are dumb and ignorant (well, maybe ignorant).  Also, just because something develops in a certain way doesn't mean it will always continue as such.  Anyway, my whole point was to defend cellardoor calling Pat's comment racist, because Drew Barrymore likes the phrase cellar door.  Most shit I just pull out of my ass.

And I'm also glad to see Pat again.  There's always trouble when he comes around.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2004, 07:00:49 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Ray's also referred to dogs as sub-sentient. But at least he buys his cars for his friends and such.

I just realized that Ray is the cat Elvis.


I like Elvis and stuff, but I think Ray is way more interesting.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2004, 07:44:21 am »

Whoa, Ray IS Elvis. "The Colonel" and Colonel Ephraim????
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2004, 08:07:41 am »

Ahhh, here we go. What did we do before the internet, huh?

EDITED FOR MORE TOMMY

EDITED ONCE AGAIN to make me feel really, really bad.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2004, 04:28:11 pm »

Elvis: buys cars for his friends, racist
Ray: ditto
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2004, 04:43:59 pm »

Also, I just watched the Apache thing. It's a shame they don't make videos like that anymore.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2004, 05:25:41 pm »

This ought to be good.

I'll be here for you, Asher - I don't have anything to do for the next 10 hours or so. Well, other than work, and that's not particularly likely.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2004, 09:53:59 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Also, I just watched the Apache thing. It's a shame they don't make videos like that anymore.


I just rewatched it on a faster machine. The horror, the horror.

I think my favorite part is when he puts one finger up like he's about to make a point and then sings "Ohh ohh wohhhhhh oh oh". That's gold.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2004, 10:51:30 pm »

the video kind of made me queasy.  it may very well represent my personal feelings as to the archetype of anti-music.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
How many times - 02/12/04
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2004, 12:28:41 am »

Quote from: "arkabee"
the video kind of made me queasy.  it may very well represent my personal feelings as to the archetype of anti-music.


I didn't actually see much of that video. I clicked on the link and all, but I, I,  I just couldn't look straight at it. The video was THAT DISTURBING.



APAAACHEEEEE!!!!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up