Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks, everybody!  (Read 5591 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Thanks, everybody!
« on: December 02, 2004, 09:36:10 pm »

I posted this in the slowly withering football thread, but I wanted you folks to know, and I know some people are ignoring that thread. Not to get all sticky and smarmy and teary-eyed, but:

Quote from: "I"
Heck, I'd like to go ahead and thank every last one of you, profusely, for being part of a community that is not both repellant and repugnant. It is truly a joy to be able to discuss things here without all the rancor and small-mindedness of other boards. It is also really nice that we can do it without the mods having to be so heavy-handed, as sometimes happens in other places.


I may be bubbling over because I've had a pretty good year, what with the move and the marriage to a wonderful person, but I just wanted to . . . share.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 09:55:13 pm »

Since Jough hasn't made into this thread yet, allow me to make the obnoxious "Suckin' each other's dicks" comment on his behalf.

That is all.

Oh yeah, and I love you guys too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 10:05:58 pm »

Allow me to extend this small token of my esteem to the board:

<3

But seriously -- I do appreciate y'all and being able to have a civil conversation with you about talking cats and subjects that are not talking cats. Thanks for being, as my father would say, "adequate human beings."
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 10:09:06 pm »

Hey Asher, is that the song RATM covers on Renegades? Because if so, that's the only version I've heard (I think) and when I hear it, it makes me sad.



And angry - Hulk will smash!

Sorry, I thought I was getting soft.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 12:03:32 am »

I love you all too but... how the hell did a thread about football arrive at that point?

I'm just going to have to read the goddam thing now, aren't I.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 12:24:19 am »

Shucks.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 12:43:34 am »

Actually, August, I was just about to gesture obscenely towards the cobweb-encrusted tip jar, which has lay fallow for many months.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 01:20:20 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Actually, August, I was just about to gesture obscenely towards the cobweb-encrusted tip jar, which has lay fallow for many months.

I straight-up know that I have been desultory in that, but in my defense I wasn't getting any benefit from this for a while. I will rectify that right the fuck now.

Done!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 02:21:45 am »

I would gladly slobber on any of y'alls dongs, or dong-like areas.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 02:35:59 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
dong-like areas


Rather a charming euphemism, considering the alternatives, really.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 07:23:55 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I would gladly slobber on any of y'alls dongs, or dong-like areas.


I haven't had an offer like that in quite awhile.

I'm touched, really.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 07:56:48 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "jough"
Actually, August, I was just about to gesture obscenely towards the cobweb-encrusted tip jar, which has lay fallow for many months.

I straight-up know that I have been desultory in that, but in my defense I wasn't getting any benefit from this for a while. I will rectify that right the fuck now.

Done!


Thanks Nabu.  You're a gentleman and a scholar, and a fine example for the other members.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 04:32:26 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I would gladly slobber on any of y'alls dongs, or dong-like areas.

It's always nice to know that one has a fall-back position.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 05:15:23 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
It's always nice to know that one has a fall-back position.


Yeah, at some point, five years from now, I'm going to hear a knock on my door. Upon answering it, I'll find one of YOU people, clutching a faded printout of this thread and a pair of kneepads. I should have set up a statute of limitations.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Thanks, everybody!
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 05:24:59 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
It's always nice to know that one has a fall-back position.


Yeah, at some point, five years from now, I'm going to hear a knock on my door. Upon answering it, I'll find one of YOU people, clutching a faded printout of this thread and a pair of kneepads. I should have set up a statute of limitations.

Oh no - it's on. You better hope Mr. Gary doesn't post here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up