Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004  (Read 4438 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« on: December 03, 2004, 12:54:09 pm »

And Lo!
Pat is hung by his own petard.
Another spell in chokey for Achewoods' resident bumhole methinks.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 01:20:39 pm »

I like seeing Teodor's boat again, the one that cuased so much trouble last time, as Pat gives himself away.
I for one, wouldn't be sad to see Pat get his comeuppance. I think escaping with Nice Pete, was not really comeuppance.



NO COMEUPPANCE!!!!!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 01:23:22 pm »

Whatever happened to Nice Pete?
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 01:47:27 pm »

"Sit on a canary" is classic put-downage.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 02:04:19 pm »

Yeah, gay people are funny.




[this is lame]
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 02:05:56 pm »

What about the FCC crackdown you fool!
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 02:34:20 pm »

that's a boat?  i thought it was a non-copyight-infringing-rendition-of-an-airstream.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 03:28:06 pm »

See, I think Arthur comes out the better of this -- if only for the line "is that your absolutely gross way of finally admitting that you know I'm gay, Pat?", which is about the classiest way to possibly come out to Pat Reynolds.

Also, the boat is back? That's fairly awesome, if only in concept. I sense shenanigans on the horizon.

(Alternate thought: Pat is finally forced to come out. I mean, why else do you think he keeps putting up with Nice Pete?)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 03:33:04 pm »

I loved this, and I am so glad Pat is back, and it makes me feel like I am a  sick person.

Time for more Philippe!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 03:42:27 pm »

I find myself oddly ambivalent about this strip.  There are elements of it I like a lot.  Glad to the see the boat and there are obviously some good lines.

However this strip seems a little uncharacteristic for Onstad.  It's a little overstated -- a little too direct.  Acheworld is usually so oblique that the straight-on fag jokes were a little jarring to me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 04:16:44 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Acheworld is usually so oblique that the straight-on fag jokes were a little jarring to me.


I can see that, but Pat as a character is like that. It goes hand in hand with his Mexican comment yesterday no? Also, well, it's all just a carriage for us finding out where Pat is anyway.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 04:26:59 pm »

That got pretty rough.

I'm looking forward to developments in the whole "Mr. Gary" storyline.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 05:13:00 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
However this strip seems a little uncharacteristic for Onstad.  It's a little overstated -- a little too direct.  Acheworld is usually so oblique that the straight-on fag jokes were a little jarring to me.


I feel that, too, but I after considering slink's comment, I gotta say, yeah, it fits in with the whole "Pat hitting rock bottom" thing. And Arthur's "absolutely gross" line is pretty good, as is "YOU'LL NEVER KNOW ANYTHING SO BEAUTIFUL."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 05:27:08 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
However this strip seems a little uncharacteristic for Onstad.  It's a little overstated -- a little too direct.  Acheworld is usually so oblique that the straight-on fag jokes were a little jarring to me.

Hmmmm. I can definitely see your point of view on this one, but I think I'm in consensus with Bozack and Slink: this is Pat, after all, the one who brought us the Affirmative Action Archipegalo and believes the Chinese Mafia will have him shot for suggesting there are secrets in their kitchens. Thusly, the combined stress of being on the lam again for accidentally shooting someone he has no trouble with reveals his own latent, repressed homosexuality and the associated anger towards other homosexuals. Arthur is, merely, a convenient target.

I'm still wondering what conviction was responsible for sending him to court-mandated anger management in the first place.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sit on a canary - 3rd December 2004
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 05:34:55 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
I'm still wondering what conviction was responsible for sending him to court-mandated anger management in the first place.

I'm assuming that it was attempted assault on some poor counter-drone at a fast food place or somesuch.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up