Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Goodbye Dorian Gray  (Read 6407 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« on: December 03, 2004, 07:17:33 pm »

In the South at least. Possibly. Soon.

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1101896768316400.xml


This reminded me of a program I heard on the radio not long ago about a school in New York for gay students. I thought this was a fairly good idea really. Only they were commenting that on September 11th, people came and started beating the kids up. WHY!? I mean honestly, WHAT THE FUCK?

Ugh. I'm done.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 07:22:35 pm »

I saw this story yesterday and after reading a bit thought it was The Onion style parody.  Unfortunately, no.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 07:27:17 pm »

This kind of draconian stupidity is the reason why people paint conservatives with a broad brush. This guy needs to get a grip on his own sense of self and sexuality.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 07:38:25 pm »

When I read the thread title, I thought it might be Elton's latest re-working of "Candle in the Wind" - and look how it turned out!

Also, this is just madness.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 07:41:52 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
When I read the thread title, I thought it might be Elton's latest re-working of "Candle in the Wind" - and look how it turned out!


Madness it may be but thanks to that it just caused me to laugh out loud.

It is ludicrous though. And it just solidifies my belief that the way the US in particular (it's not just there however, France's fairly recent laws on the wearing of, I forget what they're called but he head-scarves worn by women, are just as bad) are like, fifty steps backwards. I have half of my head telling me this will never happen, while in light of the strong opposition to gay marriage and the like the other half is thinking it might.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 07:56:25 pm »

Well, in defense of the US, if this bill were to pass, it would immediately be struck down as a violation of the first amendment.  The ACLU all over this, and I assume it would be struck down by the first judge it gets to.  And that's just assuming that it could pass and be signed into law, which I doubt, even in Alabama.  

It's kind of sad that somebody who would support this would get elected at all, but to be fair about it, this guy is on the fringe.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 08:16:04 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"

It's kind of sad that somebody who would support this would get elected at all, but to be fair about it, this guy is on the fringe.


That is true I guess. But even so, it could remove it from ever being discussed in school at least. I mean, same happened to evolution! I mean, the bit in Donnie Darko when he's talking to Monnitoff about God, and he just says "I can't talk about this anymore. I could lose my job" just makes me laugh in disbelief every time. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh.
And those metre tall humanoids found in Indonesia - the guy in Australia I think it is who has locked them up and isn't allowing anyone to study them! Sometimes I just want to go out with a baseball bat and stop people being so fuck*ng retarded. Ah well.

To quote The Cat Empire: "I look at shit like this, and I cannot make no sense of it... I think of better things, when I cannot make no sense of it!"

That and - "I don't want to go on a rant, here, but America's foreign policy makes about as much sense as Beowulf having sex with Robert Fulton at the first battle of Antietam. I mean when a neo-conservative defenestrates it's like Raskolnikov filibuster deoxymonohydroxinate"
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 08:19:33 pm »

Was that Dennis Miller?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 08:24:22 pm »

Also, record stores will no longer be able to carry Cher, Barbra Streisand, or any showtunes.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 08:50:07 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Was that Dennis Miller?


I think it's fake Dennis Miller. Like......Dennis Miller Light or something.
I don't know what to say with this, other than WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY? Why does he.......can he even....GOD!
Okay, when you're proposing the DESTRUCTION OF BOOKS, something's WRONG. Here's a hint: look at what Hitler did, and what, say, Ray Romano does on the popular television show "Everybody Loves Raymond." If you find yourself doing something that Hitler did that Ray Romano does not, STOP DOING IT.

For instance: eating breakfast. Hitler did it, but so does Ray!
Prohibiting books: Hitler did it, but Ray Romano has never prohibited/destroyed large numbers of books, unless that happened in an episode I haven't seen (read: every episode).
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 09:00:39 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Was that Dennis Miller?


I think it's fake Dennis Miller. Like......Dennis Miller Light or something.
I don't know what to say with this, other than WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY? Why does he.......can he even....GOD!
Okay, when you're proposing the DESTRUCTION OF BOOKS, something's WRONG. Here's a hint: look at what Hitler did, and what, say, Ray Romano does on the popular television show "Everybody Loves Raymond." If you find yourself doing something that Hitler did that Ray Romano does not, STOP DOING IT.

For instance: eating breakfast. Hitler did it, but so does Ray!
Prohibiting books: Hitler did it, but Ray Romano has never prohibited/destroyed large numbers of books, unless that happened in an episode I haven't seen (read: every episode).


My new rule for living.



Also, please stop watching that program.

(I know it's a contradiction. My life is a series of contradictions.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 09:03:58 pm »

Thanks for reminding me what shithole state I live in.  Fuck.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 09:20:24 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
It is ludicrous though. And it just solidifies my belief that the way the US in particular (it's not just there however, France's fairly recent laws on the wearing of, I forget what they're called but he head-scarves worn by women, are just as bad) are like, fifty steps backwards.

I think the difference is hypocrisy. France seems to very open about it's goal to have a homogenized society. While the US claims to be open and diverse but then tries to pull crap like this.

This is also why the first edition of Fahrenheit 451 was printed on asbestos instead of paper.

[edit: typo that somebody couldn't let slide]
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 09:30:31 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "slink"
It is ludicrous though. And it just solidifies my belief that the way the US in particular (it's not just there however, France's fairly recent laws on the wearing of, I forget what they're called but he head-scarves worn by women, are just as bad) are like, fifty steps backwards.

I think the difference is hypocrisy. France seems to very open about it's goal to have a homogenized society. While the US claims to be open and diverse but then tries to pull crap like this.

This is also why the first edition of Fahrenheit 457 was printed on asbestos instead of paper.

<pedant>
451
</pedant>
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goodbye Dorian Gray
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 09:47:01 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Was that Dennis Miller?


Family  Guy

I guess that would be a CJ S-link!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up