Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macintosh Plus/Classic  (Read 10896 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2004, 05:57:44 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Was this the one where games came with inserts you could put over the number pad?  I think a house I was babysat at used to have one of those, but I never got to play with it.


That was the Intellivision, dude; it is one of the best consoles ever. That controller was a marvel, Capable of Wonderful Things.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2004, 06:12:51 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "arkabee"
the main thing that i remember about the 5200 was the controller.  1, it had TWO buttons.  2, it had a NUMBER PAD on the controller.  so you could, i guess, use numbers.


Was this the one where games came with inserts you could put over the number pad?  I think a house I was babysat at used to have one of those, but I never got to play with it.


yes.

system

overlays
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2004, 11:07:57 pm »

My main reason for fond memories of Logo is the board game Robo Rally. People who learned Logo in school tend to demolish non-Logo-ites at Robo Rally.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2004, 01:58:59 am »

Just de-lurking to reminisce about an age when I was still good at video games...

Commodore 64 - We had a couple of games for this (cartridges, as I recall), but usually I just played whatever game I copied out of 321 Contact magazine that month.

Apple 2 - I still have one somewhere. We could never figure out Crossroads USA; our favorite was Taipan. You were a Chinese pirate in the 1800s, trading opium and silk and fighting off other pirates. It was dope wars, but educational. Except the school version traded opals instead of opium.

Oh - and I was a LOGO ninja. I got really good at composing my own 8-bit music by the end of 8th grade.

Alas, now first person shooters make me nauseous, and I really don't have the twitch skills for 'em anyway. Don't even ask me to control a camera AND shoot at stuff. At least there's Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the GBA...
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2004, 02:20:59 am »

I have Dragon Warrior 1/2/3 for GBA - I remember it fondly from my youthful, pot-smoke-clouded days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2004, 03:08:23 am »

Quote from: "Mite"
Just de-lurking


Why not stay de-lurked?  We don't bite...

much.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2004, 06:23:27 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Mite"
Just de-lurking


Why not stay de-lurked?  We don't bite...

much.


I do, but only in that way you like...

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2004, 09:16:26 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "miles"
There was also this kickass game called Airborne or something, where you had to shoot paratroopers and aircraft out of the sky?


Actually called Sabotage, in that the little paratroopers would form a human set of stairs, climb up the side of your little turret, and blow it into a million little pieces.


Where the hell did I get Airborne then?  It was great though.  So much fun times.  Still wondering about the word processor?  I want one again that talks back to me.  I'm going home in two weeks, and I'll check if my dad still has the good old Mac Plus stored somewhere.

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "miles"
I remember that the word processor had this cool feature that would speak what you typed.  ...I want another word processor that speaks to me what I type.  I get lonely.  Is their something like that too?


Yes, I remember this fondly.  I especially remember enjoying making my computer swear at me and speak inapropriatly in general.

I also remember going back to Mac in university when I took film editing, and being really alarmed at how elegant Mac was.


I remember that we used to do prank calls with it.  Now that I don't have it anymore, I have to get a bit more creative with my pranking techniques, using my own voice and all.

Speaking of switching back to Mac, I was all but convinced the other night to go out and buy me an Apple laptop.  I am still going to wait till graduate school to decide (which is probably a year and a half in the future if I ever do make it--I'm slow), but again I am leaning heavily towards making the switch back to Apple.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2004, 03:15:52 pm »

To me, eighth grade will always be summed up by hours in the computer lab that ended with five or six guys typing long strings of obscenities into SimpleText, setting the SimpleText voice to "Good News" (the one that basically spoke to the tune of 'Pomp and Circumstance'), and then setting it to start talking right as they left the room. Damn good times!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2004, 05:05:35 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Where the hell did I get Airborne then?  It was great though.  So much fun times.  Still wondering about the word processor?  I want one again that talks back to me.  I'm going home in two weeks, and I'll check if my dad still has the good old Mac Plus stored somewhere.


The game's been copied, ported, ripped off, &c like a million times - Jough mentioned that it comes standard on the fuck*ng iPod? Hell, in finding that link, I came across a variation called "Ganja Farmer".

So "Airborne" is a perfectly good name for it, just not, as far as I understand, the original.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Macintosh Plus/Classic
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2004, 06:02:55 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "miles"
Where the hell did I get Airborne then?  It was great though.  So much fun times.  Still wondering about the word processor?  I want one again that talks back to me.  I'm going home in two weeks, and I'll check if my dad still has the good old Mac Plus stored somewhere.


The game's been copied, ported, ripped off, &c like a million times - Jough mentioned that it comes standard on the fuck*ng iPod? Hell, in finding that link, I came across a variation called "Ganja Farmer".

So "Airborne" is a perfectly good name for it, just not, as far as I understand, the original.


Fair enough.  I loved that game.  Thanks for the informative link, by the way.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up