Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)  (Read 3745 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« on: December 06, 2004, 01:59:16 pm »

OK, so are they going to start seeing each other again or what?

Anybody got The Government's phone number?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 02:09:30 pm »

As an Englishman i've never had the pleasure of "three's company" so I don't understand the punchline.
Was it a show in which two men berated a women for the sake of larfs?
I have seen Boy Meets World, My Two Dads, Blossom, The A-Team, MacGyver, Kenan And Kel, City Guys and Spongebob Square#####. Also pro-wrestling.
These are my American pop culture references. I would want Onstad to only reference these shows in the future. Thanks.

But, nonetheless, Beef's humility and Molly's over-whelming coolness have made me go all gooey inside.
Awww!

A ha!
I'm guessing it was a show in which the situation was thus...
One man is dating two women.
AT THE SAME TIME.
So this man then would need to lie to said women to ensure the boning.

As a show it sounds awful.

ps - I love you Molly!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:16:56 pm »

1-555-4THE-MAN

And it's not just Three's Company. The entire CBS Monday night line up probably hasn't helped either.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 02:23:05 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
As an Englishman i've never had the pleasure of "three's company" so I don't understand the punchline.


http://www.threescompany.com/tcompany/www/

It's the show that made John Ritter famous. Assuming you know who he was.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 02:33:47 pm »

The plot outline for each show has made blood come out of my ears.
And I don't think I know who John Ritter is.
God! I feel so alone!

Edit: Wait, john ritter! He was turned into a cartoon penis in a film about cable television that was evil...it was called Stay Tuned.
Yes! *pumps fist in air*
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 02:34:50 pm »

Ah, finally!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 02:43:41 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
Edit: Wait, john ritter! He was turned into a cartoon penis in a film about cable television that was evil...it was called Stay Tuned.
Yes! *pumps fist in air*

Which included a blatant Three's Company reference. "Jack, where have you been?"
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 02:48:43 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Ah, finally!


Minor artistic error in the last panel - that backing wall isn't continuing on Beef's other side.

Also, I think it should be an aspiration to come up with one weird swedish music video per thread.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 03:09:04 pm »

The best episode of "Three's Company" was the one where they overheard part of a conversations and got the wrong idea about something.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 03:12:59 pm »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
The best episode of "Three's Company" was the one where they overheard part of a conversations and got the wrong idea about something.


In the new Real Gilligan's Island reality show does the guy they picked to be Gilligan have to actively work against the rest of the cast getting off the island?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 04:12:10 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "slink"
Ah, finally!


Minor artistic error in the last panel - that backing wall isn't continuing on Beef's other side.


It's actually the back of the booth, and if you put a straight-edge up to it, it looks like it would be behind Beef's back. Hey, alliteration! And it turns out I am the comic book guy.

Lenny Kravitz wishes he was cool enough to have a Tron pillow, but that's just like Beef, to see Lenny Kravitz as an arbiter of coolness.


Also, cellardoor, slink - what's up with the expression 'larf like a drain'? I have always wondered.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 04:34:58 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

Also, cellardoor, slink - what's up with the expression 'larf like a drain'? I have always wondered.


Can't say I know that one. You have to remember that there are a lot of various dialects and local colloquialisms here. I mean, the only places in the UK that use rhyming slang are parts of London and a very small part of Edinburgh.
cellerdoor may have some idea, but I sure don't. I think I may have heard it before though.

(also, remember that not everything that makes it over the pond is used here. According to Chandler on Friends, we would call people wanks. Close but no cigar.)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 04:37:28 pm »

God, FINALLY! It's like someone just scratched my back. I really, really like this one. But this thread should be titled, "I never wanted you to be Lenny Kravitz." Obviously.
Also, why am I hearing Molly speaking with my S.O.'s voice? Is this A Problem?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 04:57:59 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

Also, cellardoor, slink - what's up with the expression 'larf like a drain'? I have always wondered.


Can't say I know that one. You have to remember that there are a lot of various dialects and local colloquialisms here. I mean, the only places in the UK that use rhyming slang are parts of London and a very small part of Edinburgh.
cellerdoor may have some idea, but I sure don't. I think I may have heard it before though.

(also, remember that not everything that makes it over the pond is used here. According to Chandler on Friends, we would call people wanks. Close but no cigar.)


You mean like when I learned in junior high that all French people walk around saying "La vache!" . . . The larf thing I remember reading in, of all places, an imported British version of a Freak Brothers comic that I picked up when I was in Europe at age 15. So I don't know how representative it is. It just always nagged at me.

I just figured someone here would know. That reminds me, I have sort of a linguistic/grammatical question - but I'll put it where it is supposed to go.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 05:08:54 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
The larf thing I remember reading in, of all places, an imported British version of a Freak Brothers comic that I picked up when I was in Europe at age 15.


Freak Brothers was cool. I think for me it was always one of those things that I just came across and, well, I knew what it meant so I just let it be. I can't think off the top of my head of any of the myriad other things like that.

Checked the dictionary of slang we have - the supposed equivalence of water gurgling down a drain.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up