Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)  (Read 3728 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2004, 05:17:05 pm »

That's cool. Sort of a let down, but thanks anyway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 05:18:13 pm »

American-to-English conversion for Slink: Three's Company was based on a British show called Man About the House.  

Today's strip was just all awesomeness.  I love Achewood.
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 06:23:33 pm »

oh, no wonder
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 06:30:18 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Freak Brothers was cool. I think for me it was always one of those things that I just came across and, well, I knew what it meant so I just let it be. I can't think off the top of my head of any of the myriad other things like that.


In Galway Ireland there's a "Fat Freddy's pizza" complete with Gilbert Shelton type sign.

Horny Girl joke" What's the best seat at a Lenny Kravitz concert? His face!"
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 06:32:28 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
American-to-English conversion for Slink: Three's Company was based on a British show called Man About the House.  

Today's strip was just all awesomeness.  I love Achewood.


T'wasn't me. Three's Company is one of the ones I actually know of. At least well enough to get the punchline. Funnily enough, I have no idea what Man About the House is!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 07:15:36 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Funnily enough, I have no idea what Man About the House is!


Oh.

::chastened::
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2004, 07:39:41 pm »

Yeah, I copy Bozack; this strip is a warm fuzzy. Even if they don't end up getting back together, a level of closure is nice to see.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
a dude with a Tron pillow (Dec 6 2004)
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2004, 07:53:19 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"

Oh.

::chastened::


Hey, to be fair. I probably know more American shows than I ever have British ones.

Being fair to you that is.

Man this makes no sense anymore!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up