Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: How much Chipotle is too much?  (Read 10720 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2004, 02:23:27 am »

One of the top benefits: unlimited burritos.

I am not judging, I merely felt that bore repeating. My fast food was Popeye's, and I couldn't imagine eating their chicken limitlessly. Not to mention they charged employees half-price for food.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2004, 02:46:18 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
One of the top benefits: unlimited burritos.

I am not judging, I merely felt that bore repeating. My fast food was Popeye's, and I couldn't imagine eating their chicken limitlessly. Not to mention they charged employees half-price for food.

?! You can eat yourself sick at Popeye's for $3, half-price kind of seems redundant.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2004, 03:06:24 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
my beloved Qdoba...


Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah.   A little seasoned shredded beef w/ habenero salsa, puhlease.  Or perhaps a naked grilled veggie today...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2004, 04:18:57 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

Chipotle's Carnitas Burrito is like an artillery shell filled with a day's worth of saturated fat and sodium


And it is a beautiful thing.  We ate Chipotle a couple of times a week during the month waiting for our stove to arrive.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2004, 05:12:06 am »

I'm craving unhealthy food really hard lately, to the point that the Monster Thickburger actually looks kind of good. (Better without the bacon and mayonnaise, but still good.) I think it comes from having no fast-food place within walking distance and not having a car to get to one, because Jesus, no sentient being should want McDonald's this much.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2004, 08:38:39 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bozack"
my beloved Qdoba...


Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah.   A little seasoned shredded beef w/ habenero salsa, puhlease.  Or perhaps a naked grilled veggie today...


Jesus, I must return to Louisville. All I want is medium salsa fuck*ng verde, dammit!  SALSA fuck*ng VERDE! Why would the Lord, who has taken so much, deny me this, as well?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2004, 03:01:14 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bozack"
my beloved Qdoba...


Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah.   A little seasoned shredded beef w/ habenero salsa, puhlease.  Or perhaps a naked grilled veggie today...


Jesus, I must return to Louisville. All I want is medium salsa fuck*ng verde, dammit!  SALSA fuck*ng VERDE! Why would the Lord, who has taken so much, deny me this, as well?


Oh yeah, Kentucky is the first place I think of when someone mentions "Authentic Mexican Cuisine."

Are you saying there are better mexicano restaurants in Louisville than there are in New York fuck*ng City?

For some reason, all of the best "mexican" restaurants in Philly are run by Puerto Ricans or Cubans.  You can't drink the water in the really authentic ones.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2004, 05:48:25 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bozack"
my beloved Qdoba...


Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah.   A little seasoned shredded beef w/ habenero salsa, puhlease.  Or perhaps a naked grilled veggie today...


Jesus, I must return to Louisville. All I want is medium salsa fuck*ng verde, dammit!  SALSA fuck*ng VERDE! Why would the Lord, who has taken so much, deny me this, as well?


Oh yeah, Kentucky is the first place I think of when someone mentions "Authentic Mexican Cuisine."

Are you saying there are better mexicano restaurants in Louisville than there are in New York fuck*ng City?

For some reason, all of the best "mexican" restaurants in Philly are run by Puerto Ricans or Cubans.  You can't drink the water in the really authentic ones.


Who said anything about "authentic"?  It's just good.  I don't care how authentic it is.

Also, there are tons of Mexicans around here -- lots of farmworkers, but other folks too.  Many have opened restaurants.  I go to one Taqueria just around the corner from my office that's like eating in somebody's kitchen.  I think it's pretty authentic -- and the food is fuck*ng excellent.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2004, 11:24:43 pm »

Yeah, I gave up on "authenticity" a while ago. Give in to the burritos, Jough. GIVE IN.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2004, 11:41:36 pm »

It must have been more authentic than some if it had salsa verde.  I weep to think of all the years I went without salsa verde in my life.  You kids today don't know how good you've got it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2004, 12:04:18 am »

Salsa Verde is just green salsa, right?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2004, 12:35:05 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Salsa Verde is just green salsa, right?

Literally it just means "green sauce" so there's a lot of leeway. But generally in America salsa verde contains no tomato and is more watery with few if any chunks. But I've also seens salsa verdes that were just regular Tostitos-style salsa with green tomato or tomatillo substituted for regular tomato.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2004, 01:01:40 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Salsa Verde is just green salsa, right?


Just? ??

As Cort says there are many variations, but green things like tomatillo and green chiles are usually involved, and importantly, it is always more wonderful than the red kinds.

And in Olden Times, it was a thing never to be seen on the East Coast.  And don't you forget it, you unappreciative young whippersnappers you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2004, 02:32:51 pm »

With thoughts of this thread swimming in my mind and limited time to get/eat food before a lunchtime appointment for a haircut, I chose to try the Hardee's Monster Thickburger.  The drive through was very busy, so I went inside to get place my order.  I have never before been embarrassed to order a fast food meal, but my shame was palpable as a placed my order.  In the several minutes between when the order was placed and when my food was delivered, I felt that the staff at the Hardee's was looking at me funny.  When they called my number, I took my bag and slunk out of the restaurant.  

As for the burger itself, it really is a bit too much, and I'm the kind of fellow who rarely says that about a meal of any sort.  The whole thing is just gloppy with cheese, and I never before thought I'd have something with too much bacon.  It was cheap bacon and kind of made the sandwich stringy.  

I went to the gym last night and did a couple extra laps to at least partially make up for the punishment I had subjected my body to.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2004, 12:24:17 am »

Remember when I brought up the "Monster Thickburger"? And then andalucia was kind enough to provide a link with a photo?

Well, it turns out that's amateur hour. This guy knows how to get it done. How you feeling there, champ?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up