Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AOL...  (Read 2764 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
AOL...
« on: December 10, 2004, 05:43:22 am »

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say...ahem...

AOL sucks ass.

I did their little trial thing because I was in between internet service providers.  And they suck.  Ass.  Beyond the crappiness of their software and speed and horrible advertising campaigns and general annoyingness, they have dicks for customer service agents.  I know I can't expect them to kiss my ass when I'm calling to cancel, but don't they realize they have a better chance of keeping me as a customer if they are basically civil on the phone?  Or do they know that their product is shit and so have given up on being nice altogether?

By the way, I'm broke for a while, so I can't really afford a nice hi-speed service, so does anyone have a favorite dial-up service?  At least one that doesn't suck ass?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
AOL...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 03:53:33 pm »

It's been years since I paid for dialup, but I was happy with the folks at ArosNet for the 5+ years I was with them.  I'm sure nowadays you could find something cheaper, though (I think they're still $19/mo).
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
AOL...
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 07:15:26 pm »

My Dad, who is very computer savvy, uses Juno! Can anyone explain why this would be? Can anyone give me some sort of clever analogy? It's madness - Juno is basically designed to keep the customer off the internet.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
AOL...
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 07:20:25 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
My Dad, who is very computer savvy, uses Juno! Can anyone explain why this would be? Can anyone give me some sort of clever analogy? It's madness - Juno is basically designed to keep the customer off the internet.

Maybe because back in the day Juno was one of AOL's few national competitors and he's still fighting the good fight in a misguided manner.

That said I know a couple people who use Earthlink and a couple who use Starpower (although I believe they're under bankruptcy protection).
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
AOL...
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 07:33:40 pm »

I used my phone company's service.  Good and reasonably priced.  It was Bellsouth.net.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
AOL...
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 06:33:42 pm »

When I had dial-up, I used the local phone co. service as well. Small community, though, so that might be why I never had any trouble with it. My wife used the dial-up here in PDX when she first moved back, and she hated it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up