Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would BUY these?  (Read 2323 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Who would BUY these?
« on: December 13, 2004, 06:40:08 am »

Hey, I was wondering if y'all could check out a few t-shirt designs I've been working on; this January I'm planning on trying to get a shirt buisiness up, and these are a couple of the strongest designs I have so far. You all are pretty cool, and I was just wondering if you'd take a look and give me an idea what you think. These will hopefully be retailing for around $11 American (circa $13.50 Canadian, and £5.75).

Note: I'm certainly not asking you to buy these, especially given that they're purely theoretical at this time. I'd just like some feedback re: design, and if any of you would think of buying any one of these if you saw it in a store.

Futon Livin'
Take Me Down to the Hospital
I Miss You
Midnight Special
Death to Everyone
We Don't Vote With Ballots

Are these really Hot Topic?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Who would BUY these?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 06:59:44 am »

I'm really not totally sure I get these. Am I not indie enough?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Who would BUY these?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 08:51:22 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm really not totally sure I get these. Am I not indie enough?


I like the designs, and would certainly buy a couple of them if transerred to pint glasses or something else (good idea, Onstad).  I just don't buy t-shirts unless I can try them on because I'm so damn picky about the way they fit.  And generally, not even then, because so very few fit right.  Good designs though.

I Miss You=Slint?

Death to Everyone=Bonnie Prince Billie?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Who would BUY these?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 01:50:06 pm »

I dunno. I think right after last night's Simpsons was probably the wrong time to start this thread. The fly one really reminds me of that Deftones song they played to death a couple years ago.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Who would BUY these?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 03:09:58 pm »

I really dig the futon livin' one: good colours, simple shapes, an an enigmatic message that's nevertheless resonant with all of us in the futon-owning college age bracket.  I also really dig the fly one.
I love the Replacements as much as any red-blooded indie kid, but I'm kind of wary of the Take Me Down to the Hospital design, just because that faux-distressed look has become so strongly associated with shitty Urban-Outfitters-style faux vintage.
Also, the perpendicular text on the Midnight Special (shoutout to Leadbelly?) one looks "wrong" to me, but not being educated in "design", I can't really articulate why.
But yeah, those are rad shirts, and definitely fall into the category of things I could see myself owning.



edit:  oh yeah, i'm 1337
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who would BUY these?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 05:54:26 pm »

You're all far too "indie" for me.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Who would BUY these?
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 06:20:38 pm »

I would not buy any of those if they were in a store, but not necessarily because of the design. I'm just pretty picky when it comes to buying things in a store. Having said that, I would probably buy something from you, because we are both part of this community. On top of that, I would think about the hospital one, but I sort of don't like the design so much - if it were different I probably would. This means for you other designers/marketers of stuff - I might buy your things. I have disposable income (not enough to buy one of Chris' paintings dammit) and I like to share it with people I like for things I like. I'm done now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up