Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cartoon Skeletons  (Read 3370 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Cartoon Skeletons
« on: December 14, 2004, 10:04:32 pm »

Strange.  Very strange.  Betty Boop is downright scary.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 10:31:13 pm »

Yeah, I saw this on I think BoingBoing.  
Scary, and extremely rad.  I particularly liked the grotesque Pikachu.
Logged
goose means greedy

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 10:59:17 pm »

I saw this, too - I really like it, especially the handwriting at the bottom, and the fact that there are color translucent overlays. Also that everyone gets teeth. I would have liked to have seen that creepy custardy glowing thing from The Herculoids, but hey.

My first thought, though, was that Mad Magazine did this years ago, although if I remember correctly, it was just the skulls of comic strip characters, and attached phrenological interpretation (e.g. Beetle Bailey is lazy. ZING). I've probably got it stuffed away somewhere in one of those "Super Specials"; you know it's old school because they included fossils (har) like Steve Canyon and Henry. Anyone remember that / anything similar?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 11:02:59 pm »

Also caught this on Boing Boing (which I used to read on occasion back in it's print days). I currently have the first Charlie Brown one on my desktop.
Marvin the Martian might be my favourite though.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 12:02:39 am »

Assuming Marvin has a skeleton as we know it. And how does he get his shoes on if his foot is basically a hoof?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 03:08:02 am »

So, do Lyle, Teodor and Mr. Bear have skeletons?  Obviously the cats do...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 02:10:01 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
So, do Lyle, Teodor and Mr. Bear have skeletons?  Obviously the cats do...


You mean you're not horrified by the idea of stuffed animals with skeletons?
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 02:43:49 pm »

But they're alive, walking and talking stuffed animals.  I think it's a question of structural stability.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 07:21:51 pm »

Oh yeah? These are right here in town, right now!

I might just go buy one - how about that, Mr. Smart Guy?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 08:56:36 pm »

I'm pretty darn sure Shmoos were supposed to be boneless.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Cartoon Skeletons
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 09:53:34 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Oh yeah? These are right here in town, right now!

I might just go buy one - how about that, Mr. Smart Guy?


I didn't go. I suck.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up