No it doesn't help me understand what you mean by the Constitution's "rigidity". I'm not trying to be obtuse or contradictory, I'm just not sure what you mean.
The Constitution, read in one mindset, can be everything the framers meant exactly as they meant it. The beliefs, the temporal balances, the vision that each had, can be considered to have been set in stone when instead they were set in print not hours before Hancock signed the declaration.
I choose to believe that the Founding Fathers were a bit more liberal than their British oppressors, or the conervatives ruling the government at every branch today. They recognized the need for interpretation, because they themselves couldn't agree:
Washington: a great General.
Jefferson: a great writer.
Hancock: a great statesman.
Adams: a great politician.
Paine: a great philosopher.
Franklin: a great mind, too great perhaps to settle into one field.
How can these men have agreed, with many others on everything? I firmly believe in a strict adherence to the loose reading of our Constitution. Have you ever compared the first amendment to the, say, twentieth? Law itself has changed to include provisions for dealing with contingencies. a big difference between the
third and fifteenth amendments.
Shit, it's time for bed. I haven't looked at what I've typed for half an hour. Hopefully, it's all made sense and, via composition, demonstrated my meaning of intended ambiguity. G'night.