Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: a hoodie of one's own  (Read 6990 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
a hoodie of one's own
« on: December 17, 2004, 07:29:44 pm »

Oh man. This is so awesome.

I will post pictures of me in my garments when they arrive.

http://neighborhoodies.com

I'm getting a hoodie with "East Denver" on it, and a shirt that says, "sicilian girls: the best in the world".

I am all about giving money to Onstad, of course, so I hope to buy one of his "Here Comes A Special Girl" hoodies.Bbut it would be awesome to make my own shirt with my favorite sayings on them.

I am all about brainstorming ideas now.

My next teeshirt will say "lennybruce and milan" (my cats)
"Lenny Bruce Is Not Afraid"
"Scottish Fold Army"

I also want to make shirts with my favorite places on them, much in the same vein as my "East Denver" hoodie.  Names of mountains here on the island, such as "Ballyhoooo" or "Makushin Volcano Preliminary Hazard Assessment" or "Alaska Volcano Observatory" would rock.

After I do my trek to Chernofski, I am going to get a shirt that says:
"Chernofski Backpacking Expedition: 110 miles, 10 days"

"<3 cropduster <3" (a reference to my IRC friends with the less-than-three-heart-symbol)

What shirts would you guys get??  Post your ideas here.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 08:36:34 pm »

My god can beat up your god.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 10:43:58 pm »

I'm not near classy enough for any of this stuff, but I frequently make myself poorly hand-sewn shirts with things stencilled on them.  Therefore, a lot of my garments have JFK on them.  
If I got a shirt from here, though, it would probably say "Hello, 20-15!", my favourite enigmatic Sonic Youth catchphrase.
Logged
goose means greedy

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 11:11:30 pm »

As a longtime comic-book geek I am strongly tempted to get one with "FAIR PLAY" written in big old letters across the chest.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 12:31:48 am »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
As a longtime comic-book geek I am strongly tempted to get one with "FAIR PLAY" written in big old letters across the chest.

Dude, do it. Best shirt ever.

I think all of my ideas, sadly, would also be dork references -- I'm particularly thinking of "ZOMBIES MAKE THE BEST ACID" here. Or possibly "NO SLEEP 'TIL FROGTOWN."
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 03:18:48 pm »

A friend once made me a t-shirt that said "I WANT TO BE YOUR MOTHER".  Just good old fashioned Sharpie on a white Hanes undershirt.

If anyone here was ever in the military or around military people, then you know what BCGs are.  This dude was so cool he looked cool in his BCGs.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 02:25:51 am »

"DON'T PANIC"

But these will probably be available soon since the HHGTG movie is on the way.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 04:23:28 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
"DON'T PANIC"

But these will probably be available soon since the HHGTG movie is on the way.


Fuckin' A. I'll buy one.


Of course, I may end up owning an Onstad painting before next year is up.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 04:31:17 am »

Apropos of nothing -- hey, Choop!
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 10:46:25 pm »


Watch this and listen to the 5:30 mark of Blood Embrace on Bonnie Prince Billy and Matt Sweeney's Superwolf album. It's indescribable.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 03:38:48 am »

Is that album good?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2005, 10:25:56 pm »

Yes, yes I do believe it is.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2005, 11:30:40 pm »

Seconded.  Just picked up a copy on the way home from school.  Really good.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 01:36:47 am »

Hey, everyone.  Just a heads-up. The neighborhoodies thing is bullshit. I still haven't received my items, which I ordered on December 16th. Numerous emails to their office have resulted in nada. They are a bunch of jackasses and order crap from them at your own risk. Dammit. God dammit. There goes a hundred bucks that I could have spent on groceries or my utility bill.  So yeah, six weeks and it's still not here.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
a hoodie of one's own
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 02:24:51 am »

Bastards.

On the other hand, that cat-bread thing STILL kinda freaks me out a little.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up