Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot guts - 20/12/04  (Read 7920 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2004, 06:30:09 pm »

Trapper Keepers for the business world?  Have you people never used Franklin Planners?

http://franklincovey.com/

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2004, 06:44:23 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Trapper Keepers for the business world?  Have you people never used Franklin Planners?

http://franklincovey.com/


But it's not a Trapper Keeper (TM) which, for some reason was banned from usage in most of the classes for my elementary school (something about its rings not being valid for holding enough paper; you needed a three-ring)
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2004, 06:59:32 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Trapper Keepers for the business world?  Have you people never used Franklin Planners?

http://franklincovey.com/


They don't make your fancy-#####ed Franklin Planners with cool airbrushed pictures of F-16s on them, do they?

DENIED
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2004, 07:00:20 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "jough"
Trapper Keepers for the business world?  Have you people never used Franklin Planners?

http://franklincovey.com/


They don't make your fancy-#####ed Franklin Planners with cool airbrushed pictures of F-16s on them, do they?

DENIED


RED ONE TO RED LEADER
OUR PEOPLE ARE NOW FREE
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2004, 07:12:19 pm »

I find my Palm Tungsten to be far more versatile than any trapper keeper I've ever owned, and I can put as many photos of F16s or Constance Zimmer or whatever.

So there. :P

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2004, 07:17:03 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I find my Palm Tungsten to be far more versatile than any trapper keeper I've ever owned, and I can put as many photos of F16s or Constance Zimmer or whatever.

So there. :P


My Sharp Zaurus is even more versatile, with a better keyboard, wireless connectivity and the power of a Linux command shell.

You had better pay me union wages because I am apparently a carpenter based on how you got HOUSED.

... okay, I am not Roast Beef
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2004, 07:18:05 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I find my Palm Tungsten to be far more versatile than any trapper keeper I've ever owned, and I can put as many photos of F16s or Constance Zimmer or whatever.

So there. :P

But does it hold folders with Garfield on them? Or rulers with TK-friendly holes in them? Pencils with erasers shaped like mecha that don't actually erase? Can you use it as a ramp for tiny cars such as one would get from a vending machine outside K-Mart?

I think not, bitch!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2004, 07:21:51 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
I find my Palm Tungsten to be far more versatile than any trapper keeper I've ever owned, and I can put as many photos of F16s or Constance Zimmer or whatever.

So there. :P

But does it hold folders with Garfield on them? Or rulers with TK-friendly wholes in them? Pencils with erasers shaped like mecha that don't actually erase? Can you use it as a ramp for tiny cars such as one would get from a vending machine outside K-Mart?

I think not, bitch!


somehow in our minds we have this image of Jough as a Comic Book Guy in a stuffy old man pinstripe suit (complete with matching fedora),
  • being slowly marched upon by the representation of our youthful memories in the form of hundreds upon hundreds of infuriated sixth graders in British Knights, wearing snap bracelets and flannel shirts over Slayer T-shirts, with tightly cuffed stonewashed jeans, wielding Trapper Keepers and Skip-Its as shields and maces... marching slowly, eyes glazed over, like a scene from a terrible zombie movie... Jough runs screaming, but every street, every alley is filled with the marching children... soon we encroach.. suffocating him in a human tidal wave of seething consumer zeitgeist!
  • I picture of course the father character from the Linda Hamilton series Beauty and the Beast which of course shows what happens when you fuck around with lion manes! Onstad are you listening to me?!
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2004, 07:43:53 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Can you use it as a ramp for tiny cars such as one would get from a vending machine outside K-Mart?


AMEN!

except for the cars coming from  vending machines.  dude? Dude? DUDE!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2004, 08:03:23 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

My Sharp Zaurus is even more versatile, with a better keyboard, wireless connectivity and the power of a Linux command shell.


Better keyboard?  I have a Bluetooth wireless full-sized keyboard that folds down to fit in my pocket.  Try typing 120wpm on that tiny built-in keyboard on the Zaurus.

And strangely enough my Palm and the Zaurus use the same processor, but my Palm has a better OS, and I can run Java MIDP on it.  It also has built-in bluetooth and an add-on SDIO 802.11b WiFi.

Add to that a transreflective screen (the best damn screen available for PDAs today) and the largest amount of on-board memory (256mb) and you can't touch it with a ten-foot Zaurus.

Plus, let's face it, "Zaurus" is a stupid-sounding name.

So change your name to Toby and pick that cotton, because you just got OWNED, bitch!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2004, 08:20:46 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Try typing 120wpm on that tiny built-in keyboard on the Zaurus.


If you can really type 120wpm then you are teh studley.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2004, 08:23:36 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Try typing 120wpm on that tiny built-in keyboard on the Zaurus.


If you can really type 120wpm then you are teh studley.


I think I can do something like 90wpm on the zaurus. And until you can run ssh and nethack on a palm while warwalking U R TEH LAME!#$
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2004, 08:24:40 pm »

Quote from: "jough"


Plus, let's face it, "Zaurus" is a stupid-sounding name.


I have a Zaurus.
I have an iPod.

I am trying to find a way to mount the iPod as a hard drive under the Zaurus. The resultant wearable computer would be the ZaurOPod.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2004, 09:44:45 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Let's all put our nerd peckers away, thanks.

Wouldn't that cause the entire forum to close down?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2004, 10:18:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Better keyboard?  I have a Bluetooth wireless full-sized keyboard that folds down to fit in my pocket.  Try typing 120wpm on that tiny built-in keyboard on the Zaurus.

And strangely enough my Palm and the Zaurus use the same processor, but my Palm has a better OS, and I can run Java MIDP on it.  It also has built-in bluetooth and an add-on SDIO 802.11b WiFi.

Add to that a transreflective screen (the best damn screen available for PDAs today) and the largest amount of on-board memory (256mb) and you can't touch it with a ten-foot Zaurus.


 :cry:
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up