Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?  (Read 3802 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« on: December 21, 2004, 10:56:43 am »

Sign me up, damnit!  I hope they'll be affordable.  I am afraid that people bidding up those paintings Onstad doodles while he watches the Food Network might give him an inflated ego.

Onstad:  can you make these the people's posters in price?  If I can swing the cash, I'll even get a cheap Ikea frame from Emeryville store for it.  No thumb-tack holes.  And maybe buy a pint glass for my buddy.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 12:13:28 pm »

Oh man.
That is just seven kinds of crazy awesome.
Logged
goose means greedy

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 03:42:52 pm »

Agreed.  This is a must have, assuming they aren't like a bajillion dollars each.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 04:30:36 pm »

Well, it says they'll be a "Limited Edition" - but of course that could mean that he only printes a limit of 5.7 million of them.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 09:55:38 pm »

Indeed, they might be limited to the number of people who are willing to pay money for them. Or limited to the number of people who bought the original art. That'd be fun - a little bonus for those who were willing to pay several hundred dollars on ebay.

Also, I liked the Vespa commision.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 04:02:59 am »

The #1 ended up going for a little over a hundred, and the #'s 2 and 3 a little over fifty or sixty?  What do you suppose the price points for 4 to 50 are going to be?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 04:10:14 am »

They'll decrease in value until #50, which will be the highest priced one yet.  Everyone wants either the first or last of a series.

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 09:44:52 am »

Bah!  And I _JUST_ got a new job, that sadly doesn't pay very well.  How am I supposed to pay off my weighty debts and purchase internet crap that I can't afford?  I just know I'll buy pint glasses if I buy a poster.
Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 08:28:40 pm »

Yeah, I ordered one.  And while I was there, I ordered a couple pint glasses.  I couldn't help myself.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 11:45:34 pm »

Thank you Keef, that is much appreciated of you by me. The pint glasses are sturdy and fun to drink from. I hope you have fun enjoying alcohol from this vessel.

It looks like this set of prints will sell out in just under 30 hours. I am working on a way to adapt the design to 2-color for a future run. The blue ink will be for first-run only, and subsequent runs may have like a red/black combo.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 01:45:09 am »

Oh man, 2-color?  With the first on the way, I may have to make a Warhol-esque series of these on the wall of my study.  Also, I may have to get a study.

acoxcae
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 05:14:46 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
It looks like this set of prints will sell out in just under 30 hours. I am working on a way to adapt the design to 2-color for a future run. The blue ink will be for first-run only, and subsequent runs may have like a red/black combo.


Congrats, dude!  $1600-ish bucks in 30 hours.  That's $53/hr.  About as much as my old roommate made working as a nurse in Walnut Creek.  But who wants to drive over a bridge to deliver Republican babies, anyway.

I'm glad you're reprinting them, because I was offline while they were on sale.  Red and black sounds kind of gaudy, but I'm sure you'll make it work.  You're still going to use the 100# paper for the second run, right?
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 07:25:53 am »

Yeah, I'll always print them on 100# or equivalently "important-feeling" stock. I may also range into ecru, for those of you who really want your minds blown.
Logged

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas... a silk screened poster?
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 08:46:05 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Yeah, I'll always print them on 100# or equivalently "important-feeling" stock. I may also range into ecru, for those of you who really want your minds blown.


What serendipity.  I just got a new job, I have $29, and tomorrow afternoon when I'm sober I'm going to pick up a poster.  I got wasted a Murio's this evening.  Murio's is kind of like what's-'is-fuck's "nut shack" in Palo Alto, but it doesn't suck.  Thanks for the quality poster in my price range, Seņor Onstad.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up