Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...  (Read 5002 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« on: December 21, 2004, 01:13:32 pm »

did anyone else think this strip misfired slightly?
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 01:15:39 pm »

Not a jot.
I love the fact that the boys have found a use for the manes after they couldn't get in touch with their inner-lions.
The 'sssip' of Beef's sealed it for me. Cool!
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 02:03:38 pm »

Cornelius.... Dogg....

That alone was worth the price of admission.  The rest is gravy.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 02:05:17 pm »

They should keep their hands visible for Cornelius's sake.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 02:13:40 pm »

I am loving the manes strips. Partly cos I really like the manes. Ray in a mane looks superfly.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Re: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 02:27:02 pm »

Quote from: "palm trees"
did anyone else think this strip misfired slightly?


Nope. In fact, I thought yesterday's was sort of a go-nowhere dud (although Bobby I. was right about the Ray / eBay subtext being funny) but today's, now, that's some good Achewood. I like Ray and Beef as a Unit, getting up to hijinx; this reminded me of the Pork Pie Hat Incident.
Logged

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 02:38:14 pm »

It doesn't make sense to me unless Cornelius' gasp was feigned. In his head, he must have been thinking some refined, erudite version of "what a couple of knuckleheads." Oh, and he probably appreciates the attention.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 03:03:35 pm »

I am very down with this. And the sorta whispered, italicized "We're just going to stay.....until the end of this scene...."
GOLD
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 03:25:53 pm »

This is possibly the strip of the year, to my mind.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 04:32:44 pm »

Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?

I don't think Chris thought this one all the way through.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 04:35:48 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?


I think they were just split on green. I know if I was stoned the prank Ray and Beef pulled would seem like a capital idea.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 04:55:00 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?


I think they were just split on green. I know if I was stoned the prank Ray and Beef pulled would seem like a capital idea.

Wow, 187 Posts!
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Re: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 05:08:30 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "palm trees"
did anyone else think this strip misfired slightly?


Nope. In fact, I thought yesterday's was sort of a go-nowhere dud (although Bobby I. was right about the Ray / eBay subtext being funny) but today's, now, that's some good Achewood. I like Ray and Beef as a Unit, getting up to hijinx; this reminded me of the Pork Pie Hat Incident.


it is a poor man's pork pie hat incident, i opine, humbly.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 05:57:37 pm »

Quote from: "palm trees"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "palm trees"
did anyone else think this strip misfired slightly?


Nope. In fact, I thought yesterday's was sort of a go-nowhere dud (although Bobby I. was right about the Ray / eBay subtext being funny) but today's, now, that's some good Achewood. I like Ray and Beef as a Unit, getting up to hijinx; this reminded me of the Pork Pie Hat Incident.


it is a poor man's pork pie hat incident, i opine, humbly.


I agree, although I do think the pork pie hat incident is far funnier given Pat's character development since that time.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Dogg... We got maaaaanes... Winter Solstice...
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 06:52:38 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "jough"
Strip of the year?  Whatever.

I liked Beef's sip but I guess I am not sure what the point of their prank was - that Mr. Bear would be frightened by their sudden strap-on manes?


I think they were just split on green. I know if I was stoned the prank Ray and Beef pulled would seem like a capital idea.


indeed, possibly.

and even given no mind altering chemical imbalancement,

it is heartening to see ray and beef hanging out and being friends and having silly-assed fun happy good times.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up