Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Poll

ACHEBOARD SUX TEH COQ: yes or no?

yes
- 1 (3.7%)
no
- 24 (88.9%)
COWBOYNEAL MOD-ADDED OPTION
- 2 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: December 23, 2004, 11:53:00 pm


Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: a concerned fan  (Read 5741 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
a concerned fan
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2004, 12:40:15 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Shakespeare wrote both Cymbeline and Hamlet.  I think one is better than the other.

Hey, I was in a production of Cymebline in college and it was friggin' awesome. There are like 23 revelations in Act V which I find hilarious. Also, Hamlet is a whiny bitch.

[edit: I just now noticed that the quote system switched back to "wrote" from "doth writ"]
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
a concerned fan
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2004, 12:42:52 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

[edit: I just now noticed that the quote system switched back to "wrote" from "doth writ"]

Damn!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
a concerned fan
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2004, 04:22:59 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Shakespeare wrote both Cymbeline and Hamlet.  I think one is better than the other.

Hey, I was in a production of Cymebline in college and it was friggin' awesome. There are like 23 revelations in Act V which I find hilarious. Also, Hamlet is a whiny bitch.

[edit: I just now noticed that the quote system switched back to "wrote" from "doth writ"]


I just knew somebody would call me out on this.  All right, I admit it.  I've never even read Cymbeline.  It's just widely reputed to be the worst of Bill S.'s plays.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
a concerned fan
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2004, 05:43:24 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Shakespeare wrote both Cymbeline and Hamlet.  I think one is better than the other.

Hey, I was in a production of Cymebline in college and it was friggin' awesome. There are like 23 revelations in Act V which I find hilarious. Also, Hamlet is a whiny bitch.

[edit: I just now noticed that the quote system switched back to "wrote" from "doth writ"]

I just knew somebody would call me out on this.  All right, I admit it.  I've never even read Cymbeline.  It's just widely reputed to be the worst of Bill S.'s plays.

Oh it's way bad. We just choose to interpret it as bad on purpose. So if it's performed like a Mel Brooks movie it comes off as funny.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
a concerned fan
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2004, 06:10:35 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Shakespeare wrote both Cymbeline and Hamlet.  I think one is better than the other.

Hey, I was in a production of Cymebline in college and it was friggin' awesome. There are like 23 revelations in Act V which I find hilarious. Also, Hamlet is a whiny bitch.

[edit: I just now noticed that the quote system switched back to "wrote" from "doth writ"]

I just knew somebody would call me out on this.  All right, I admit it.  I've never even read Cymbeline.  It's just widely reputed to be the worst of Bill S.'s plays.

Oh it's way bad. We just choose to interpret it as bad on purpose. So if it's performed like a Mel Brooks movie it comes off as funny.


Wow.  What if that was Bill's intent?

Also, Mel Brooks is a genius.  One of my few heroes.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
a concerned fan
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2004, 04:18:05 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Shakespeare wrote both Cymbeline and Hamlet.  I think one is better than the other.


Quote from: "AugustWest"

I just knew somebody would call me out on this.  All right, I admit it.  I've never even read Cymbeline.  It's just widely reputed to be the worst of Bill S.'s plays.


There's nothing wrong with this. Even had you not read either, it would be ok to think that one is better than the other. I think Canterbury Tales is better than Valley of the Dolls, but I haven't read either of those.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
a concerned fan
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2005, 12:22:36 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"


Also, it's bad manners to come into someone's house and shit on the floor.  Don't like it here?  Fine, stay the hell away.  It's more than a little rude to introduce yourself by insulting us.  Consider yourself warned.

AW, wearing his moderator hat (it's purple with a feather.)


Hit her with your pimp stick, AW. And is that leopard skin on your cape?

Seriously, MonkeyButter, you'll notice that most of us are good at disagreeing with one another respectfully. That's a nice skill to have and we'd all be far more likely to listen to what you have to say. And sorry that  your holidays were spent ill, hopefuly things are going better now.

To all: Happy New Year from Hawaii!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
a concerned fan
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2005, 09:07:16 pm »

You guys warm the cockular-area of my heart.  This board has always been about an open dialogue.  Props.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
a concerned fan
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2005, 09:26:34 pm »

I have added the always-value "no opinion" option to the poll, for those of us who aren't sure if we're cocks or not. Don't you hate it when that happens? Also, I've clarified the question a smidge, because "Do you agree" could mean anything.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
a concerned fan
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2005, 02:49:07 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "Bozack"
If anything, I think 'stad is just evolving as a storyteller.


True that.  Some wanker laid an interesting description on 'wood that has some points.  We're getting the benefits of an experimental process here.


Either that or Websnark confused Onstad with Buddy Rich.

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up